5.01.2006

Phantasmic Links 5.1.06

It began with the simplest of suggestions from one of my more astute readers: “You should either post Photo Blog Wednesday on Tuesday night or change the name. At first I didn't care for the idea, since posting is traditionally the last thing I do at the end of the day, sometimes minutes shy of midnight, just making my self-imposed deadline. Yet this meant that while my posts often spoke of “today”, people were reading these entries throughout the following day. And truthfully, many nights I'm writing much later than midnight and ::gasp:: lying about the time. If, however, I made a shift of just a few minutes, suddenly the last thing I did on one day would become the first thing I did on the following day. This means very little, as few people likely even look at the time stamp on my posts and I will continue with at least seven fresh entries each week. The biggest change is that people will finally experience Photo Blog Wednesday on Wednesdays, and though I'll still collect my links at the end of each weekend, that post will officially count as a Monday post, when everyone reads it anyway, and this week I've written another post for Sunday. That means that this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS take place on the first of May, May Day for some, not to be confused with the distress call Mayday, derived from the French phrase m'aidez, which means “help me.” If you made it through this paragraph you may be crying “m'aidez” as well, so I'll move on to the links:

Curt may be the master of Minesweeper, but I doubt even he's a match for all 11 levels of Bombsweeper 3D, which I of course have mastered.

Finding the right job can be rough on anyone, even a heroine like Power Girl.

You are now immersed in the awesome graphics of Thy Dungeonman 3. “What wouldst thou deau?”

This box puzzle is not as impossible as it first appears. Hint: diagonals are your friends.

As far as I'm concerned, in a battle of American Dad vs. Family Guy, the original show beats the clone every time. This is definitely worth playing for fans of either show, especially for the surprise boss at the end...

In the “Did We Really Need to Know That?” category, did you know that it is possible that a decapitated head still feels pain and remains conscious for a few seconds?

It's hard out there for a Cylon. Hat tip to Kev Bayer.

In elementary school, I often demonstrated my highly caucasian abilities as a human beat box, resulting in frequent pummelings on the playground. Had I video editing software though, my mad skillz might have looked something like this...

The Ninja Text Generator will allow you to deliver any number of important messages...with a ninja!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger cube said...

Loved the Cylon shot.

5/01/2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger cube said...

Loved the Ninja text generator.

Good job.

5/01/2006 12:31 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I've seen a few episodes of American Dad but my heart remains with the "family".

As for your posting dilemma all I can say is it sounds like there's a lot of pressure on you. People can deal if yesterday was today or today is tomorrow....I think anyway.:)

5/01/2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I'm with Janet on the timing and with cube on the Ninjas and with you on yesterday's comment about secondhand smoke and addiction. Pshaw!

5/01/2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Of what is the wheelchair below symbolic? I heard something when I clicked on it, but couldn't really make it out. Of course that could be because sadly, my horrible vision is better than my horrible hearing.

5/01/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

That was new to me too Lorna, so I checked Blogger Buzz. In an effort to make commenting accessible to all, clicking the wheelchair will cause a series of digits to be read aloud, as an alternative entry to typing in the letters. Yes, even the blind may now leave comments and not be deterred by a pesky visual bot check. :)

5/01/2006 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home