8.24.2005

PBW: A Walk in the Park

Photo Blog Wednesday

Something's been wrong with reality these last few days. Things were indistinct and out-of-focus. I felt sluggish and weary. Colors were less saturated and gray seemed to be the dominant shade. Words, not my strong suit to begin with, often failed me and I nodded without comprehension of my supervisor's requests, only to have questions later in the day. I realized too late that I'd forgotten or neglected to heed the requests of other coworkers. Everything I did felt like I was going through the motions, like a dream of a place in which I did not belong. I kept expecting to open my eyes and find myself elsewhere. Today was clearer to me than yesterday, and tomorrow things no doubt shall be more in focus. Tomorrow, sadly, work will be real. I wish I could still see the sun and breathe the air I breathed on my day off. Everything, from

the crashing waves on the beach below,

to the crackpot reading a beat-up tome aloud in an arcane tongue,

to the manic squirrels,

to the laughing children,

to the mob of geese,

to the resting jogger who asked me in a Jamaican accent, “What you up to Popeye?”,

to the tiny ants that kept biting my legs until I moved from a park bench to some stone steps,

was preferable to being back in the office. Maybe none of it was real, but I managed to get evidence that it wasn't a dream either:









Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

That's a gorgeous park. But I was kinda hoping for a picture of the crazed wizard ...

8/25/2005 5:15 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Second picture...I got him AFTER he finished his spell of transformation.

But seriously, the guy seemed off enough that I didn't think pointing a camera at him was a good idea. Then I thought about it and realized maybe I should try and get a picture from a safe concealed distance in case he DID do something nefarious later on and I was a witness. I doubled back around the long way to approach from higher ground but he was gone. So I settled for the pictures you see here.

8/25/2005 7:52 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

thanks for the balloons. Very thoughtful yet scary. I hope I may use them.
I love the last photo; it looks so peaceful, but also sort of Hogwarts-ish.

8/25/2005 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home