8.15.2005

IF...

...wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

...the word ”inert” indicates remaining still, does “ert” apply to something in motion?

..it had been an actual fire and not a drill at my office today, could the crowd of people milling dangerously close to a potentially burning building have leapt and ridden the shockwave of an ensuing explosion to safety?

...I were a rich man, would I really “biddy biddy bum” all day?

...Juggernaut, an unstoppable force, ran into The Blob, an immovable object, what would happen?

...you were locked in a room with William Hung, Four Non Blondes, the lead singer of System of a Down, and John Tesh, and only had one bullet, what would you do?

...I could save time in a bottle, I'd have fewer nickels.

...The Machinist were any thinner, he'd be Calista Flockhart.

...I back into a one-way street the wrong way, am I breaking any laws?

...Eric Stolz had played Marty McFly, how would those movies have differed? What difference would it have made to both his and Michael J. Fox's careers?

...I put a stationary bike in my cubicle and peddled for 8 or 9 hours a day while I worked, could my lifestyle still be described as “sedentary”?

...”Mario” is actually the last name of the Super Mario Bros., were Mario's parents more or less creative than George Foreman, who named his five sons and two of his daughters “George”?

...Calista Flockhart is reading tonight's post, I'd like to apologize for my outdated and uncalled-for remark earlier. I'd also ask what brings her to the Nexus.

...it's acceptable for Tom Cruise to date someone considerably younger than himself, would it be wrong for John Stamos to do the same?

...I legally changed my last name to “Ellipses”, could I abbreviate it “...” when I signed important documents?

...I had a nickel for every time the odds were in my favor, I could afford a can of soda in the 1920s.

...I were more creative, I might have had something to write about tonight.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly...? Hmmm, I can kinda see it, although I'm very glad it didn't happen.

8/16/2005 5:15 AM  
Blogger cube said...

I'd say this was creative enough, MCF.

8/16/2005 10:27 AM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

...Yee-haa, Cowboy!

...no

...there was a fre drill? Where was I?

..Yes, in your own way, you would

...The end of the world

...shoot myself

...But what would you do with all of that time?

... ...

...what country are you doing this driving thing in?

...There wouldn't have been any sequels and Parkinson's would have a different celebrity spokesperson.

...no, but you'd smeel bad after a while.

...Mario Mario and his brother Luigi Mario? I never thought of it that way before.

...She came for the food.

...So wrong. So very very wrong.

...No

...and get change

...this was pretty creative.

8/16/2005 10:43 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

absolutely creative, and addictive. I know how I'm going to be spending my afternoon. I especially liked the Ellipse one.

8/16/2005 12:23 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

These are great! You can guest post this on my site anytime.:)

8/16/2005 11:26 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

For you Janet, I'm working on original content. :) I should have my guest-post entry done by or before the end of this week.

8/16/2005 11:59 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Jerry, with just a bullet? Neat trick....

(Sorry, I was hoping someone would have that response to that one.... =))

8/17/2005 12:01 AM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

Desperation is the mother of invention

8/17/2005 3:44 AM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Great post! Creative enough on it's own.

8/17/2005 8:17 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

You wanna go for a double?:)

8/17/2005 10:57 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I've got the stamina for that. ;) If you really need more posts, and don't think your readers would mind, you have my consent to re"print" this one in addition to the new one I sent you. I could probably even add to it if you'd like, make it an extended "director's cut" version.

8/17/2005 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home