8.14.2005

Phantasmic Links 8.14.05

Phew! To quote Nelly, or more recently, Wang Chung, ”It's gettin' hot in here!” Today, temperatures where I live reached 98 degrees, feeling closer to 108°. It wasn't until dusk that I decided to venture out, intending to sit by the beach and read the latest Harry Potter book before the sun went down. Not twenty feet from my house, lighting scarred the heavens, and soon it was pouring. Recalling the tornado we had here the other day, I decided to head back home. Perhaps the rain will cool things off. Once more as nature rages, I find myself at my keyboard, this time sharing this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Heavily-medicated Darrell Results in Debut of Hilarious Film Geeks Action Figure Theater.

Janet Diagnoses Celebrity Syndromes. Hilarity Ensues.

Addictive Game of Dominos and Tomatoes Consumes MCF's Free Time.

Giant Woman to Conquer Earth.

Rising Gas Prices Lead to Hybrid Tweaking.

Fiction Contest Seeks Worst. Writers. Ever.

Run. Jump. Scale Walls. Collect Gold. Make to the Door in Time. SURVIVE.

”For a Good Time, Call 867-5MCF.”

I saw this test at another blog via comments at The Art of Getting By. Here were my results:

The Provocateur
(57% dark, 38% spontaneous, 42% vulgar)
Your humor style:
VULGAR | COMPLEX | DARK
You'll crack on anything, and you're often witty, even caustic, about it. Therefore, your sense of humor is polarizing. You're transgressive, and you've got a seriously sharp “edge”—maybe too much for some folks. If they get you, people think you're one of the funniest (and smartest) people in the world. If they don't, they think you're an ass. Whatever, right? While some might question your judgment, your comic intellect is unquestionably respected.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Chris Rock—Lenny Bruce—George Carlin

My test tracked 3 variables.
How you compared to other people your age and gender:
You scored higher than 54% on dark
You scored higher than 9% on spontaneous
You scored higher than 63% on vulgar
Link: The 3 Variable Funny Test written by jason_bateman on Ok Cupid

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Higher than 63% on VULGAR? Who are you?

8/15/2005 12:46 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

That humor test was fun. I got "The Wit" (clean/complex/dark). Seems about right.

Really, I was shocked you rated high on vulgar too. Doesn't really reflect in your writings here. The complex and dark does, though.

8/15/2005 6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who am I? I'm MCF. Seriously though, that's a question most of us spend our lives seeking the answer to. I'm not sure how accurate the test is. I agree that people don't always "get" my jokes, but I was surprised at the vulgar rating too. Maybe laughing aloud at the skier put me in that category--I'll have to go through it again later and look at the questions.

8/15/2005 10:03 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

woo-hoo! I can't believe I hadn't seen that fiction contest before! What a scream! Thanks MCF. That is a lot of entertaining reading.

8/15/2005 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home