7.05.2005

Probably.

If I declare, ”...even if I work until 7, the gym closes at 8, so I have no excuses not to run every night.”, will I get an e-mail after 6:30PM saying that the gym is closing at 7 for the Summer, starting tonight?

If my friends finally convince me to try something new, will I find out months after the fact that one of the new things I tried gave some people Salmonella poisoning?

If TheWriteJerry successfully proposes using a talking die, has he found his soul mate?

If I tell my dad to “make up an excuse” when a band only wants one of us to play and I don't want to break up the team, will he get confused on the phone and end up stammering something unnecessarily elaborate about me going to a “Christening for some Indian kid [I] work with” when “he has plans” would have sufficed?

Ten years from now, when he's grown tired of Katie, will Tom Cruise set his sights on yet another young actress?

Did the previous joke cross any lines?

Did someone feed their Mogwai after midnight?

On a semi-related note, wouldn't it be cool to have a talking “dog”?

And will I ever own this show on DVD? Will I be buying this? Did I not realize what was coming out today?

Has Lorna come up with an intriguing new concept for a Blog Party?

Am I ever going to get caught up at work?

Is today Tuesday?

Will the ‘80s always be the most prominent decade of my life?

Will there never be a good name for the “'00” decade? Or 2010-2019? Or for that matter the 2020s? Will they be called the “new roaring ‘20s” or something of equal or greater horror?

When I'm not working, do I have way too much time on my hands? Do I work too much? Do my parents think I'm lazy?

Will I think of more questions after I post?

Will any of my readers add their own questions to the comments section?

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning! LOL

Here's my contribution:

Will I see Serenity multiple times on opening weekend?

Will my husband continue to buy cheesy 80s TV show box sets, like Airwolf?

Wouldn't it be cool to have a battle cry ala "Spoooooooooon!"?

Am I jealous that MCF always thinks of creative ways to frame his posts?

7/06/2005 3:47 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

THose are uuuuuuugly dogs! That 2nd one looks like a chupacabra.
Thundercats on DVD! Too cool!

7/06/2005 4:05 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Some great questions. Where to begin? I'm disturbed by the Dakota/Tom prediction, but I unfortunately can't say it hasn't occured to me before.

I also wonder the same thing about the 80's, even if I was only 12 when they ended.

And what is up with the new millenium anyway? Just the fact that we can't easily refer to a whole decade just proves it sucks.:(

7/06/2005 10:25 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

It's no Knight Rider, which I've been buying, but it was the Knight Rider of the sky from what I recall. Which reminds me, I need to check if Streethawk, Knight Rider on two wheels, is coming out. They just don't clone good shows like they did back in the '80s. I miss a lot of those formulas.

I knew we were in trouble with this decade when I read an article in Newsday about 5 and a half years ago that proposed we call it the "Oh Oh" decade. Thank GOD that didn't catch on. Too bad absolutely nothing else did...

7/06/2005 11:21 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

The Oh Oh Decade? That's the first time I heard that. Hopefully it's the last lol

7/07/2005 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home