6.30.2005

Babies

First, Jerry sent an e-mail at work. Then I saw a post about it on Swimming in Champaign. Then a friend sent me a link as well. Within the space of a few hours, I'd heard from three separate sources that Garner would soon be off the market once more, and that there would soon be a little Affleck in this world. It had been a long day after a short week of long days leading up to a long weekend, and as I thanked the cleaning lady for emptying my garbage pail, I realized it was time to go.

Driving away as the sun was setting, I noticed movement in the grass and slowed down. The last few nights I've been seeing baby bunnies around the grounds. Sure enough, there was a little guy(or gal) about the size of my hand sitting next to a stop sign looking around wide-eyed as he nibbled the grass. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I saw something running along the fence that at first looked like a squirrel but then I saw was another baby rabbit. I definitely have to drive carefully the next few weeks around there.

Apparently, tonight was the season finale of Hit Me Baby 1 More Time. I can't be sure, but annoying host Vernon Kay certainly mentioned the fact EVERY TIME HE SPOKE. Ugh. I won't miss that guy. PM Dawn won, somewhat deservedly, though I unfortunately had changed the channel at one point and missed the “what they're doing now” segment. Did they explain why the one brother had to be carried out and sat in a chair at all? I couldn't find anything online about him being sick but their charity was for juvenile diabetes, so I was wondering if he was living with that. Does anyone know?

Finally, the last babies in tonight's post are Marvel Babies. Apparently they've realized their core audience is a small group of overweight 30-40 year old males who grew up with the comics, and they need to draw in younger readers by starting small--very small. Brilliantly evil or commercially brilliant?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

RE: MARVEL BABIES

I...I don't know what to say. I'm speechless.

7/01/2005 12:23 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

What, no Baby Carnage? Baby Rhino, but no Baby Carnage? This is an outrage.

7/01/2005 3:24 PM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

Regarding Jen Garner, I worked on an Alias episode once and got to meet her- she kicked me and giggled. No, really!

We were on set and she was standing in an area rehearsing these karate kick things that she's so famous for, but she was kicking in an area that I needed to walk by. She didn't see me standing there so I patiently waited for her to stop so I could get by her.

At one point she seemed to stop, so I made a dash for it, only to have her spin around and almost remove my head with one of those round house kicks. She gasped, giggled, and then said, "Oh my god I'm SO sorry!"

I reassured her it was an honor to almost be killed by one of her lovely gams (didn't say exactly that) and I went on my way.

I was there for another ten hours that day, and every time she walked by me she smiled and said HI. If it weren't for this wedding ring that I was already wearing, maybe I could have given Ben a run for his money, HAHAHAHA!

7/03/2005 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home