5.19.2005

Resting Up

In the “tradition” of Tuesday's review of Everybody Loves Raymond, I planned to write a detailed review a day late about the great night of television I experienced last night between Lost, Alias, and Smallville. The first two moved me to tears a few times, especially a few scenes with the dog on Lost. These shows have really been knocking it out of the park lately, and I'm looking forward to next Wednesday's finales and dreading the months until new episodes appear. Smallville didn't exactly move me to tears, but the powerful 90-minute finale lived up to the hype while at the same time making me question why the majority of this season was so bad. THIS was the story they should have been telling, and I realize things like the witch possession were little more than stalling actions to save this tale for the end of the season. And the last scene confirmed where I suspected they were going, and then they don't even show It yet. I guess this gives them time to work on a new set. I'm probably waist-deep in unmarked spoiler waters now so I'll say little more. What was REALLY awesome though was that it wasn't 90 minutes as advertised, more like an hour and twenty, followed by a ten minute extended peek at scenes from Batman Begins. Now I'm REALLY excited. There's what I'd seen already, seeing American Psycho the other night and realizing how perfect Christian Bale may be for the role, and seeing the new flipping comic logo DC has, similar to what Marvel's been doing with their movies, all fueling my desire to see this NOW.

I watched a Horrible Movie earlier tonight, and fought to stay awake, making it to the end but losing the battle are the credits rolled. I just woke up fifteen minutes ago. It's good that I'm getting my rest now, because I have a big weekend ahead of me. I already ordered my ticket to see Revenge of the Sith tomorrow at 10 AM. I mentioned this to some coworkers this afternoon and when one questioned whether I was going to work, I simply repeated the name of the movie. In life, we must learn to recognize the things that are important to us, and not be ashamed of them. I just realized what a dangerous statement that is; what if a person has some freaky priorities? I should clarify that I'm talking about not putting work first and missing out on things. I took the day off initially to rest up for Saturday, when I'm playing paintball at the same place as Ice T. I just noticed on the press release that he’s playing Sunday, so that kind of destroys my mission is to come back with some good pictures with the rapper/actor. I also got a call to play a musical gig on Saturday but, unfortunately, I had already preregistered for paintball weeks ago and had to turn it down. Instead of making money and getting exercise I’ll be spending it and getting exercise, but hopefully it will be worth it. I'm hoping the directions I got my dad for the gig were good enough since the trumpet player he's giving a ride to doesn't drive himself, having lived most of his life in Brooklyn where he didn't need to. As if Saturday won't be tiring enough, I have to get up early Sunday to drive to Staten Island and play another musical gig in an Italian Feast. After I got the calls for these jobs last week, I started to wonder if maybe I should have taken Monday off instead of tomorrow. I guess I'll just have to catch sleep when I can, like I did tonight, and take it one day at a time.

That's all for now. I can almost guarantee I'll have a movie review up tomorrow afternoon, and some more fun things for Saturday and Sunday in between everything else. Let this three-day weekend commence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home