5.16.2005

Never Impromptu...

I can never be spontaneous, act or speak without heavy consideration. I'm considerate to the extreme of inaction sometimes. So when Wendy offered one of those trendy new impromptu blog parties, I couldn't answer on the spot. “Who is your favorite actor/actress, and what is your favorite of their films?” How does one answer a question like that? I have trouble staying within the limits of my own organized blog parties so there was no way I was going to answer on the spot. Now, instead of writing my thoughts on tonight's Everybody Loves Raymond finale, I will instead share what I've come up with after having a day to think about this topic. As is both tradition and my prerogative on this site, I'm not going to stay within the guidelines. I've chosen an actor and an actress, and I'll mention who else I was considering.

After considering Ford, Cusack, Carrey and Banderas, among others, I decided to go with Michael J. Fox and Back to the Future. Besides having a cool premise and cool effects, what I liked about his character was that he could be cool(plays guitar, has a girlfriend) and a geek(picked on by bullies like Tannen, hangs out with an old scientist) at the same time.

After considering Portman, Pfeiffer, Langencamp, and Ryder, to name a few, I settled not surprisingly with Jennifer Garner and possibly surprisingly with 13 Going on 30. I liked her performance in that a lot, and how someone so beautiful could be such a geek and fall for one. The question specified favorite film which is why I didn't choose Alias, in which each week she displays a healthy mix of tough and vulnerable.

Those are my answers, and now my thirst for blog partying has been reawakened. I've been waiting for a few others who expressed interest in hosting since I didn't want to be a ball hog, but I suspect I'll be announcing my next one in the near future. If only there was some sort of holiday weekend coming up when the majority of bloggers would be home....

2 Comments:

Blogger MCF said...

How could I forget Johnny Depp? So hard to narrow down one movie though with his range. Fox is good but he's mostly the same guy. Depp can be anyone.

Pick just one...I KNEW this was an impossible exercise. :)

5/17/2005 12:31 AM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

You didn't make it difficult, Wendy -- MCF just has trouble coloring within the lines :p

5/17/2005 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home