5.15.2005

Phantasmic Links 5.15.05

Mowing the lawn at the lot is different from mowing the lawn at home. At home there's more level ground, the mower is newer, and there's a bag. At the lot the mower is much older, the clippings fly out an opening on the side, and there's a healthy mix of various weeds in with the actual grass. Mowing the lawn at the lot is different from mowing the lawn at home; it's itchier. I actually wouldn't have minded if the weathermen had been right about the rain today, but none of that matters now. At the end of the day, all that really matters is my new banner and this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

The blogosphere continues to grow as Darrell's young bride Wendy starts her own blog separate from Film Geeks. Please join me in welcoming Tales from the Dorkside to our neighborhood!

The fur will fly as tension mounts and hostilities escalate toward a fierce conflict! Do you have what it takes to survive the Kitten War?

Speaking of a jihad of cuteness, Rey is bragging about his kids again.

Speaking of things girls find aesthetically pleasing, I had no idea Jason Statham was making a sequel to the awesome Transporter, yet here's the trailer. C'est magnifique!

Ah, the typical day one faces in stunt city....

Anyone fancy a game of Blogpoly? I should warn you I plan to win....

This is interesting. Scientists are working on a battery ten times more powerful than regular ones, which runs on tritium, a radioactive form of hydrogen commonly found in exit signs and movie theater lighting. Hat tip to TheWriteJerry for the article.

With all the references to pop culture flying by, this Family Guy Reference Archive that Rey found will surely come in handy. This just in: MCF has watched a LOT of cartoons in his life.

Finally, check out all the original Star Wars™ clones. Wow, I actually HAVE an intact Star Bird sitting on my shelf. It was definitely one of my favorite toys.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Just wanted to say that I like the new banner. What kind of graphics software do you use? I installed Gimp awhile back and started playing around with that recently, but have yet to figure out all the features.

5/16/2005 5:25 AM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

Sorry, I can't comment now. I'm busy clicking on pictures of kitties...

5/16/2005 10:14 AM  
Blogger avRAGEjoe said...

Very nice masthead! I gotta get me a nice one too...

5/16/2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Kelly--Photoshop
Jerry--not surprised
Joe--Go for it; all the cool bloggers are doing it. :)

5/16/2005 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home