5.24.2005

Guilty Pleasures

Tonight's post is inspired partially from a conversation I had today, partially to tie in to yesterday's, and partly from a Meepers post. The rest should be self-explanatory:

Movies:UHF, Cabin Boy, The Cable Guy, Superman III

Shows I've watched with varying degrees of regularity since passing a socially acceptable age to do so: Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Jackie Chan Adventures, Digimon, Pokémon, Superman the Animated Series, Teen Titans, Medabots, The Ripping Friends, The Tick, TMNT, The Batman, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, R.I.D., Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Power Rangers in Space, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue, Power Rangers Time Force, X-men Evolution, Spider-man Unlimited, X-men, Spider-man, and so on....

Foods: A bowl of milk, ice cream and cereal; Crackers and Ketchup; Cheese puffs and/or Doritos in bed; dipping French Fries in my Frosty, pasta with a full square-inch of butter melted in to the sauce, having a “five second rule” in my room; putting salt on things that are already salted; finding leftover snacks in the kitchen at work.

Other shows: She-ra, Jem, Chip ‘n Dale Resue Rangers, Men Behaving Badly, TaleSpin, Captain Planet and the Planeteers, Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos, Kung Fu: The Legend Continues, My Secret Identity, Team Knight Rider.

What are your guilty pleasures, and how do they compare with mine?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I'm with ya on:

Movies: None. So I'll add Tommy Boy, Happy Gilmore, and some rom-coms like French Kiss, While You Were Sleeping, and Sense and Sensibility.

Shows: The Tick, TMNT, Rescue Rangers, Spider-Man (the one voiced by Doogie Howser). Add onto here some reality shows -- The Amazing Race, The Apprentice, and The Surreal Life.

Foods: Dipping french fries in a Frosty is not a guilty pleasure. It must be done and is the only truly acceptable way to eat Wendy's fries. I'll add dipping mini-Crunch bars directly into the peanut butter jar. And Jif is the only brand of pb worth buying, as far as I'm concerned.

5/25/2005 5:31 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I hardly ever feel guilty any more---except about lying, so here goes:

Movies: What Dreams There Be (Robin Williams just should be so much better), Somewhere in Time(Christopher Reeves, time travel, what's not to like?) Bringing Up Baby; Wayne's World

TV: Firefly (I only feel guilty because I've watched it so many times), The Odyssey, Magnum PI reruns, The s i x M i l l i o n Dollar Man

Food: Orange juice (extra pulp) with handfuls of chocolate chips, peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwiches, canned ham

I feel like I just stood naked in front of a picture window facing the autobahn....

5/25/2005 3:50 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I liked Tommy Boy, Happy Gilmore, and While you were sleeping as well. I haven't seen the new Spider-man yet. The only reality shows I've ever watched are the first two Survivors and later the All-Star one, a few scattered Fear Factors, and My Big Fat Onboxious Fiancee. Otherwise I hate the way reality tv is destroying the old sitcom and drama structure of television. I've seen and loved the first two surreal lifes, then they moved it to cable.

My mom used to tape AMC and watch it at night, so I got in to it for a few years, between the 80s and 90s. I found the continuing plots and interconnected characters as addictive as comics. Haven't seen it in about five years though. The only other Soap I really watched was Falcon Crest. I blogged about great cliffhangars tonight; that show had one of the all time best where it seems both of Angela's sons have died, but then the last scene is her talking to someone in the shadows, and you had to wait all Summer to find out which one it was.

Wayne's World is not a guilty pleasure. It may well be Mike Myer's finest work.

I have to see Somewhere in Time. I loved What Dreams May Come.

I have to check and see if Six Million Dollar Man is on DVD yet. I loved that and Bionic Woman in syndication when I was a kid.

I've actually never seen Weekend at Bernie's either, come to think of it. Considering that in the past year some of the films I've seen for the first time include Close Encounters, Rain Man, Goonies, The Breakfast Club, Citizen Kane, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, and the Lost Boys to name a few, you can see why my Netflix Queue is always full.

I will see them all. Someday.

5/26/2005 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home