4.05.2005

101 Things That Excite MCF

My pal Curt has been gradually listing 100 reasons why he loves his wife. Regular Nexiconographers know how much I love the list format. Odds notwithstanding, perhaps someday there will be a Mrs. Cloaked Figure and I can list 100 reasons why I love her(breaking my Marvel-like regressions to a lonely status quo existence would be near the top).

However, that list awaits in some possible future at an undisclosed point in history. Today as I got out of work at 5:30 somehow, had a good workout, and drove home while it was still light out for the first time in six or seven months, a different sort of list formed. So put the kids to bed, because here in no particular order(despite being numbered), are 101 Things That Excite MCF:

1) Doritos
2) The first days of Spring
3) Breaking 6MPH on a treadmill for the first time in months.
4) Evangeline Lilly
5) Hearing “Flame on!” and “It's CLOBBERIN' Time!”
6) Eliza Dushku
7) Clone Wars.
8) My first sip of water after marching a parade or three-hour feast procession.
9) More daylight in the Spring.
10) Less snow.
11) Not having to cut the lawn in the Fall.
12) That extra hour of sleep when the clocks change again in the Fall.
13) The Ultimates.
14) Jessica Alba
15) Animated robots.
16) Live robots.
17) Apple pie.
18) Hard rock, grunge, heavy metal.
19) The lethal combination of Vodka and Karaoke.
20) The fact that “Comic Book Movie” is now a legitimate genre.
21) Mia Maestro
22) Secluded beaches
23) The woods.
24) Jennifer Garner
25) ”From days of long ago. From uncharted regions of the universe...”
26) ”Spider-friends....GO for it!”
27) My favorite SMahAF episode
28) My second-favotire SMahAF episode.
29) Code of Hero.
30) Finding a website of obscure actors.
31) Waking up, checking my watch, and realizing I still have an hour or more to go back to sleep.
32) A woman's ability to have multiple orgasms.
33) Finding hidden snacks in the house.
34) Natalie Portman
35) Best. Comeuppance. Ever.
36) Any time there's a new Strong Bad e-mail.
37) A pretty girl.
38) A pretty girl's eyes.
39) Making eye contact with a pretty girl.
40) Making eye contact with a pretty girl who doesn't look nauseous and turn away in revulsion.
41) The part of an A-team episode where they construct something as time elapses to a remix of the theme song, and they end up defeating guerillas with some cobbled-together weapon they just built, such as a bus that shoots vegetables. I LOVE it when a plan comes together!
42) The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.
43) My teeth after a dental cleaning.
44) Venti Mocha Frappucinos
45) A bag of Kit-Kats
46) That one year a candy store in the mall carried ”Brit Kats”
47) ”The quintessential random number”
48) That playful dance of thumbs that resolves into hand-holding on a first date in the movie theater.
49) The television origin of Optimus Prime
50) The comic book origin of the Transformers and Unicron, as told by Simon Furman.
51) Knowing that an episode of Lost will be new.
52) Innumerable moments in 24, especially this season.
53) Winifred Burkle.
54) Milanos
55) Alyssa Milano
56) World Domination via a subliminal line item in the middle of a list most people will skim; it can't FAIL Pinky!
57) Seeing a trailer at a convention for a movie I didn't even know was being made(much more common back in college before I had internet access).
58) Monica Keena
59) Seeing a “rainbow” through the sprinkler on the lawn.
60) Realizing at 4:48 that I'm as caught-up with work as I can be until other people do their jobs, and there's nothing more for me to do that day.
61) CENSORED, CENSORED, and CENSORED.
62) Winning. Anything.
63) Non-work-related e-mail from friends.
64) Lunch.
65) Hot showers in December.
66) Cold showers in July.
67) Paintball.
68) Sledding.
69) Tubing.
70) ”They're real, and they're spectacular!”
71) Second-best Lois ever.(see #70 for the first)
72) “Oh thank GOD; it was just a dream!”(insert forgotten homework, lost limb, paralysis, etc. nightmare here)
73) Easter eggs on DVDs.
74) Waiting during credits when everyone's left the theatre, and something cool happens like a building blows up.
75) Spontaneous solos on the street when the band leader turns and points to me, signaling me to keep playing while the trumpets take a rest for a section.
76) Elisha Cuthbert.
77) Wonder Woman
78) Coming home from work to find something I'd ordered online has arrived.
79) The Incredibles.
80) Spider-man 2
81) Spider-man 2 the game
82) When my mom decides to make pancakes after church on a Sunday morning.
83) X-men Legends
84) Free comics
85) Batgirl
86) Supergirl
87) Noticeable improvement in my artwork.
88) Turbo boost!
89) Maybe someday 20th Anniversary Prime will be mine.
90) I can go to sleep as soon as I think of just ten more.
91) There's now a Cold Stone Creamery in walking distance of my job.
92) Kissing, especially the texture of a girl's tongue.
93) Cheese.
94) Beating a previous driving record for getting from point A to point B.
95) Wearing a short-sleeve shirt to work and no jacket in the Summer.
96) Boston Creme donuts
97) Stan Lee cameos.
98) Whenever Bill Bixby's eyes would turn green.
99) Michelle Pfeiffer
100) The first time I get to sit down after a 12-hour gig every July.
101) The future

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

20) Something I hate: people who claim a "Comic Book Movie" (Spiderman/X-Men) is their favorite movie, then mock me for actually reading comic books.

76) Ew! Kim stinks! I cheer for any terrorist/mountain lion that may end the audience's suffering by offing her.

83) Best co-op game ever. We've already played through it several times to try all the characters out!

4/06/2005 3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand Kim's stupidity either. As we all know though, she was finally done in not by a terrorist or convenient mountain lion or survivalist or convenience store robber, but by [spoiler deleted as I realized your comment didn't go past season 2]

No, I wasn't talking about Kim Bauer, I was talking about Elisha Cuthbert, The Girl Next Door.

-MCF

4/06/2005 9:45 AM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Rubi thanks you for #53. Thinks you Rock.

4/06/2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I haven't yet seen season 4 of 24, so thanks for sparing me. I couldn't remember if Kim was threatened by anyone in season 3. I figured if she was, it was probably a terrorist.

Oh, The Girl Next Door Elisha Cuthbert. I get it now. Thanks for the explanation.

4/06/2005 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home