3.06.2005

Phantasmic Links 3.6.05

Is it wrong that at my age, I still find it painfully boring to go out to dinner with my parents? Both celebrated birthdays recently—my mom turned 66 at the end of January and my dad hit 75 this past week—and I took them out to dinner. As usual, as much as I tried to eat slow, I still finished before both of them and sat there drowsy while my mom made observations about the speed at the which the line of customers moved or her gravy, and my dad asked her to repeat everything since he's a bit hard-of-hearing. My dad finished his meal not long after I did, while my mom continued to pick at her plate, seemingly eating a kernel of corn at a time. It's probably an exaggeration, but it would be another 45 minutes before we were able to head home, and I could sit down to type this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Whatever Prachka means, it's a very fun game. My record is 21,471, and it took me about 20 minutes to complete the 25 levels at my best. The biggest problem is level 21 which is random every time, and often takes several failed attempts before it generates a puzzle that has an actual solution. It's an addictive time-waster in the mighty MCF manner.

You are all strangely compelled to click this link for a super happy fun good time, after which you will be compelled to send it to all of your friends so our legion of the undead super happy fun may grow....

I thought I used to pay too much attention to things in comics, and then argue with my friends about certain details. I thought I spent way too much time in my late teens and early twenties analyzing every detail of fictional tales. I was wrong.

When I was younger my friends and I came up with a lot of interesting ways to have fun on our bikes. We'd joust with long sticks. We'd pretend pine cones were grenades. There was even a version of tag that involved the person who was “it” hitting the other riders with either a tennis ball or, my personal favorite, a frisbee. We never did anything like this, though.

Orson Scott Card will be writing Ultimate Iron Man. One wonders if the Ultimate version of ”teen Tony” will appear, or if the armor will be remote-controlled. The preceding joke requires knowledge of Ender's Game.

I'm not going to start watching The OC. Nice try, FOX.

Now, THIS is what i call art! What I wouldn't give to have a guitar-playing alien in my living room....

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/08/2005 8:03 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

nanaca crash! Oh no!!
Cant't. Stop. Playing.
Must. Stop.

3/08/2005 8:03 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Oh, and I'd rather have the Horus Guard... but the alien table is kind of... well... disturbing.

3/08/2005 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home