1.12.2005

You All Everybody

J.J. Abrahms owns Wednesday, in case you hadn't heard. Don't let Woden tell you otherwise. Sure, he still has the naming rights, but at this rate, an official change to “Abrahmsday” isn't far off. That's great news for anyone who struggles with the spelling and pronunciation of Wednesday as much as they do with “February”.

In researching Wednesday just now, I discovered Wednesday Whatevers, a site which poses three questions each Wednesday as topic starters for bloggers. I've decided to give it a go because as a compulsive geek, I like quizzes. And though I'm also a compulsive Google™-er, I'll answer these from the heart:

1. Why do we kiss others?
Because after a three hour make-out session, it's very rewarding to pull back and have a starry-eyed girl say the first logical thing that comes to her mind: “Tell your mother her son's a good kisser.” Actually, that one was kind of weird. Maybe the girl in that hypothetical scenario was lacking oxygen when she said that to whomever she said it to. I think the real answer lies in the intimacy of kissing, the openness of pressing your lips against soft, wet lips, and feeling the funky texture of each other’s tongue, and desiring each other so much you want to consume...um, where was I? Actually kissing is possibly more intimate than sex, and can last a lot longer. More importantly, I've heard that it burns calories. Which could explain the weight I put on after my girlfriend left me. Moving right along...


2. What does our skin do?
It keeps our organs from falling out, protects us from the elements, and gives us something to clean in the shower.

3. What would a building without windows be like?
Dark and depressing. Of course one could work in a building WITH windows in a cubicle in the center of the floor and go hours without knowing whether it was day or night, sunny or snowing outside. If they want the windows gone from my building they can have them; I'll never notice.

Well, my work here is done. Good night, you all! Everybody!

Wait....I'm remembering something now...something important....I seem to have gotten sidetracked, or Lost, and...now I remember. Tonight was another crossover between Abrahms’ hit shows. The first was in the premiere of Lost months ago when Greg Grunberg was revealed as the pilot of the doomed plane. Grunberg plays Agent Weiss on Alias, but his cameo certainly didn't cement the two shows in the same universe. Yet in the first few minutes of tonight's Alias, Sydney threw a huge party for her friends, with great music. At one point, a familiar Driveshaft tune can be heard, their hit ”You All, Everybody.”

Alias and Lost coexist in the same universe. Potentially, the team from the Apple Store could be sent on a rescue mission to the island someday. Wild speculation aside, the only thing I can say with real certainty is that Smallville is trouble....and that if any of my friends who read this blog and tape the Abrahms shows to watch later in the week have read this far, I may be in trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home