10.10.2010

PBW: NYComicCon 2K10: Day One.

Those of you with a firm grasp on a calendar probably realize this isn't Wednesday, but since I have something else planned for Wednesday this week, and had an exciting weekend that I can't wait to share, let's let the “PBW” stand for Photo Blog Weekend for once. Besides, 10/10/10 only happens once every thousand years.

I took off from work on Friday since I wasn't sure I'd be free any other day this weekend for the New York ComicCon. I actually did make it in for a few hours on Saturday, thanks to some amazing driving and running, but that's a story for tomorrow's post. On Friday, after taking the train in with a buddy from work, we discovered a fairly long line over an hour before the floors, open in the morning to professionals, would open for the rest of us in the general public. We met another guy from work who had never been to one of these, and he was absolutely starstruck. This is about the 4th or 5th one I've been to, so I've mastered the balance between walking around the floor and taking breaks to see panels, while taking famous people in stride. The crowd was insane since they combined the event with an Anime festival, and there were definitely a few claustrophobic moments when I was glad to get away from the shoving and random backpack strikes. The day went so fast, and they flashed the lights and sounded a horn when it was time to clear the floor. It was all a blur of celebrity sightings, great artwork and figurines, and awesome costumes. But don't take my word for it; see for yourselves:














Erik Larsen:

Todd McFarlane:










Peter David:














A highlight of the show for me was seeing the work of Nathan Sawaya, LEGO® Brick Artist:







Christopher Judge:

James Marsters:


Lou Ferrigno::























3

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Spockgirl said...

Looks like fun. Cool Lego sculptures. James Marsters too? Hmm.

10/11/2010 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home