9.20.2010

Phantasmic Links 9.20.10

I'm baaaaack! AC was more awesome than ever, and for once I actually broke even. Roulette is proving to be a good game for someone with my math skills and probability instincts. Of course, that's only what they want me to think, and the biggest lesson I learned this past weekend was learning when to walk away. I'm exhausted but content. I'll have some photos later in the week, and maybe some stories. Before I pass out from a weekend in which I slept a total of five hours in two days, let me collect this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) According to Jeremy Renner, Hawkeye probably won't be wearing his purple costume from the comics in the Avengers movie. I like the character, but I have to agree that the costume probably wouldn't translate all that well in reality.

(2) Check out the web of a new species of spider in Madagascar, currently the world's largest web. I bet that thing could catch thieves, just like flies....

(3) Hey, remember how Joaquin Phoenix supposedly was reinventing himself as a fat, bearded rapper? Now we know what that was about.

(4) The people are pixelated. The background is not. A digital artist presents an interesting juxtaposition that challenges our perspective.

(5) If you have a problem that needs a unique solution, this gallery offers ways you can fix that.

(6) Speaking of unique solutions, the facade of this museum dilates in accordance with the level of daylight outside.

(7) Is anyone really surprised that the originator of “Everybody Draw Mohammed Day” has had to go into hiding?

(8) Batman technology will support the U.S. special forces. It makes sense to me. Terrorists are a cowardly and superstitious lot....

(9) I'm VERY excited by this Voltron concept art. Let's hope the actual movie can do justice to that art(and the original source material).

(10) Seriously, do not start playing Epic Battle Fantasy 3 if you have any kind of responsibilities or a life. You may disappear for hours at a time in this progressively awesome RPG with surprising layers....


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Number 4 is really interesting. Number 5 is extremely funny. Number 6 looks like the proposed... a-hem... "cultural center" near ground zero. And number 7 just might have gotten you on a "list" :(

9/20/2010 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home