7.12.2010

Phantasmic Links 7.12.10

I really hate the question, “Hot enough for ya?” almost as much as the conditions which cause people to ask that. I've been lucky with the last few fire department parades, and adequate cloud cover in the evening kept us cool. I just hope this grass-scorching MCF-angering heat wave breaks soon, especially with a five hour Italian procession coming up this Friday morning followed by another 2-3 hour gig in the evening, and possibly a third job on Saturday. Even if this wasn't the busy season at my job, I think I'd be spending as much time as possible inside the air conditioned goodness of my office. So, to sum up, it's too hot. Let's see if we can cool off with some cool PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Do you ever prefer scenes in film trailers that don't make the final cut of the movie? It happens to me all the time, which is why I really appreciate all these alternate takes of Iron Man 2's more infamous scenes.

(2) Human race doomed by a giant asteroid or nuclear holocaust? Not a problem if this European project to build a “doomsday ark” on the moon works out.

(3) Hakone looks like an awesome outdoor museum in Japan. It's great that the internet allows me to visit places like this virtually.

(4) A UFO shut down an airport in China. Hey, if it was a flying object, and it was not identified, then the description fits.

(5) Here's an overly elaborate project to build a fake Google Street View car. That's all well and good, but why not put a real camera up there and see what you get?

(6) Now Grandpa or Grandma can have his or her own bionic eye!(Technically, it's a small telescope implanted in the eye, but it's still pretty cool).

(7) Ed Norton will NOT be reprising the role of Bruce Banner in The Avengers. That's a shame; I know he had his differences with the producers, but I did like the idea of continuity with the cast of these various connected films. I wonder if Eric Bana is outside the realm of possibility?

(8) In a great comic that (sadly) never happened, meet The Thing's tag-team wrestling partner!

(9) Morphsuits will let you blend in anywhere that matches the color of the suit you're wearing, and they look incredibly comfortable, and not at all like I'd make people nervous when I start wearing one.....

(10) Doodle-god is AWESOME. Start out with four basic elements, and start combining. Can you get 115 items from those initial 4? Can you create....the world?


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home