7.05.2010

Phantasmic Links 7.5.10

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend! I attended not one but two barbecues, first to celebrate the 4th birthday of my friends' daughter, then to celebrate American Independence Day. In between I managed a parade, and did my best to stay cool. The weekend was not without some lapses in judgment, and I may or may not have sung ‘90s hip-hop through a didgeridoo or tossed a toxic plastic bottle into a fire pit. Who can say? The only thing I know for sure right now is I'm glad I have Monday off, and I'm glad to have found some great PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Take a look at the history of Wonder Woman's costumes, from the original to the traditional to the controversial current redesign. Clearly there have been worse changes over the years, and some people should relax since the only constant in comics is change, and changing back.

(2) In a related sketch, Wonder Woman's loss might be another hero's gain.

(3) And in one last link about a certain heroine, see how Wonder Woman deals with office safety.

(4) In other superhero news, Edgar Wright talks “Ant-Man”.

(5) You only have 60 Seconds to Save the Queen! Fortunately, you'll have several opportunities to improve your time should you fail on the first attempt.

(6) Some animals are amazing at blending in to their environment, as shown in these 50 photos.

(7) Judd Apatow is bringing Pee-Wee Herman back to the big screen. I don't know why. Maybe there was some tequila involved....

(8) I'd be horrified if I ever lost my cat, but this e-mail exchange had me in tears of laughter. (Hopefully this didn't really happen, or if it did, the woman's cat turned up fine without this wisea**'s help....)

(9) I lied before. Wonder Woman leads this collection of animated openings to live action shows.

(10) It's less of a game and more of an interactive story, but Every Day the Same Dream does an outstanding job capturing the inescapable tedium of a routine, and how important it is to break from it every now and then. Of course, some of the options in the “game” are less depressing than others....


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home