6.11.2010

Natural Outcomes

I left my jacket and umbrella back at the office when I went for a walk on a nice Summer day, so a cloud formed directly over where I was having lunch and let loose some rain for about 15 minutes.

I took my jacket and umbrella with me when I had to walk to a different office building for a meeting, so the sun burned through the clouds making everything muggy and humid.

The weather has been going from one temperature extreme to another, so I wouldn't be surprised if the tickle in my throat turns out to be more than a reaction to pollen.

I asked for a “regular” sized meal in Burger King, meaning the normal sized meal, so the cashier took that to mean “medium” since the regular meal is actually small. Biggest. Soda. EVER.

My mom painstakingly did everything possible to save her cat Cubby's life, spending hundreds of dollars at the vet, losing sleep, and force feeding him with an eyedropper, so now that he's feeling healthy again, he took a big bite out of her forearm during his last checkup.

A vet is still a doctor, so he was able to bandage my mom's arm right after she was bitten.

I run several times a week, anywhere from 4 to 6 miles depending on how much time I have to spend in the gym, so I'm getting faster.

I'm a nice guy, so I still finish last.

The woman on line ahead of me in Subway spotted a hair on a knife, so she loudly demanded that the woman behind the counter use a different knife to cut her sandwich.

There are only so many lunch options in walking distance from my office, so I still go back to that dive from time to time.

My brain starts to shut down by the end of a work week, so creativity and the ability to write in prose naturally suffers.

I'm tired, so I'm going to sleep now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Spockgirl said...

It appears that no one has been posting comments on your blog, so here I am doing thus.I was going to write "Don't you hate that when that happens" ten times, but decided against it. And jeez, I thought you were going to say the cat died. Phew.I would like to think that Cubby was gunning for the vet and not your mom.

6/11/2010 1:56 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

I have noticed that blog comments (as well as traffic) has petered out lately... darn that facebook :(

6/11/2010 10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have noticed that you're still eating at Subways. WtH is wrong with you?!?

6/11/2010 11:01 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I've been trolling throgh your posts, and I actually entered a word in the search box, looking for your comments on the Series Finale of Lost. these are interesting posts, but since I got home, I've been waiting to see the PVR version of the material I missed, and the second part of my plan was to see how you'd reacted. Humph.

6/11/2010 1:39 PM  
Anonymous MCF said...

And Spockgirl brings all the lurkers out of the woodwork! Yeah, Cubby usually comes out of his carrier hissing and chomping, literally blindly, so my mom's arm was just in the wrong place at the wrong time as she tried to help coax him out. When I got home, she showed me the bloody gauze taped to her arm and said a "pit bull" attacked her; I literally thought someone in the waiting room had a wild dog.

Things like FB make people lazy; Blogger should add a "like" button.

I won't eat at Subway in the Winter simply because of the mixed meat stank that clings to clothing if I'm in there longer than 10 minutes. In the Spring and early Summer, I may occasionally go there and get a sandwich to go, only as the fastest option in walking distance to a pier or park bench. We really need more options in this town, as I regret it every time.

Lorna, I was about to post the link for you, but I see you already found and commented. :)

6/11/2010 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home