6.07.2010

Phantasmic Links 6.7.10

I got a little too much sun, but still had a great weekend! I played two gigs, sighted a celebrity I've sighted before, and even got to see a friend's art show! Most importantly, I got to see my 80-year-old father play music again, and even manage a three hour walk in the hot sun with no ill effects(he left his horn home for the three-hour gig). I'm exhausted, but in a good way, and not too exhausted to gather some PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Have scientists found life on Saturn's moon Titan? (And can this guy be far behind...?)

(2) Behold Deadvlei, a graveyard of 900-year-old trees.

(3) The Thundercats return in an all-new series in 2011! It's times like these that I don't mind the lack of new concepts in this decade; let's just bring ALL the ‘80s back.

(4) SEOLOL is a collection of every stupid request people have entered into their respective search engines. You might be surprised at some of them. Or not...

(5) 50 Stupid Yahoo Questions, some with great answers. Some of the stuff is a little PG-13, and some I've read before, but they're all classic.

(6) Frank Miller announces Xerxes, a prequel to his 300 graphic novel. That guy can still draw.

(7) This has to be one of the best summaries of the Marvel Universe that I've ever read. Hover your mouse over each image for more hilarious captions.

(8) Adidas goes back to the Mos Eisley Cantina from Star Wars®.
Hat Tip: Rey.

(9) Artists can create visual marvels with almost any material, from staples to the crumbling sides of buildings.

(10) And finally: Hail, Cobra Commander!


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home