1.11.2010

Phantasmic Links 1.11.10

Well, these links almost didn't make it! I had a scare for half of the day with a red light on my modem that wouldn't go away no matter how many times I turned everything off, unplugged everything, and put it all back together again. I kept getting some weird message about my password so I thought perhaps I messed something up when I updated my credit card information earlier in the day. That whole thing is a story in itself for another day, but tech support was able to help me reset my modem and get back online, with just enough time to spare to collect this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Here are some strange things you might have missed while searching for Waldo...

(2) These maps let you analyze the concentrations of Netflix movies in various geographic zones. I've only seen 3 of the top 10 films in my area code, which either makes me unique or out of synch....

(3) Rest in peace, Art Clokey creator of Gumby. It's eerie that, after not talking about the character for years, my friend and I got in a conversation just last week about how the animators got around making the characters walk by just having them slide everywhere. I wish I could do that.

(4) What were the New Year's resolutions of various comic book characters? My favorite on that list is definitely, “Rorschach resolves to investigate further.”

(5) I resolve to investigate further the source material for the upcoming Scott Pilgrim movie, because these stills look pretty sweet.

(6) If I ever get bored with going outside to take pictures, I can always take ultra-dramatic shots of my toys, like on this Star Wars®-themed photo blog.

(7) Enjoy the ramblings of a sleep talking man. My dad does this sometimes, but it's always the same dream about someone coming in the yard, causing him to shout “GETOUTOFHERE!!!” every single time.

(8) Man jailed for eating rare tiger. Too bad the headline didn't read the other way. What immortal hand or eye could frame that fearful symmetry?
Hat Tip: J-No.

(9) Macrophotography reveals the beauty and, in the case of insects, danger of resin...

(10) At a time when most of us are starting to take down ornaments, Colour My Fate takes a character through a bleak world to introduce it to some Christmas colors.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

Weird. We had a similar problem with our internet Friday night and Saturday morning. Tried unplugging everything several thousand times, did a system restore to before a recent install that we did around the same time it went down... tinkered with firewall settings and DNS settings... nothing helped. It finally started working again all on its own after maybe 16 hours.

1/11/2010 8:19 AM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

Hmmm.. let me take a look..

*looks*

No, your credit card information seems to be accurate and up-to-date. Thanks, by the way!

There seems to be a link missing *harrumph*

1/11/2010 9:18 AM  
Anonymous MCF said...

Every once in a while Hotmail gets wonky with the javascript on my home computer. I can log in, and see my inbox, but clicking on e-mail does nothing to reveal them. So I forwarded that link to my alter-ego's account from work, and perhaps it will appear next week.....barring any other technical difficulties either with the user or equipment.

1/11/2010 6:11 PM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

GET GMAIL. NOW.

Sending you an invite.

1/11/2010 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home