8.27.2009

Poll of Randomosity Twelve

It's another Poll of Randomosity! Here's my TWELFTH set of TEN random questions that I must know the answers to:

1) Is change avoidable?

2) Are cats good for protection?

3) Do potatoes and tacos mix?

4) Do you live every day like it's your last?

5) Are our minds measured in degrees of sanity or madness?

6) What have I got in my pockets?

7) When was your last real vacation?

8) Is it wise to cross the street near a stop sign?

9) Do you know The Muffin Man?

10) How can a person increase his or her own energy?


For me, the answers are:

1) For the most part, I don't like change. None of us do, though life is change and it's unavoidable. I try to avoid it, but whether I like it or not, certain things are inevitable. It's almost always a traumatic experience, until I'm on the other side thinking, “That wasn't so bad; what was I afraid of?” And then I get comfortable all over again and the cycle repeats.....

2) They're great for keeping out rodents and vampires. In all the years I've lived in a house with cats, I've never had a major problem with either of those.

3) I would not have thought so, but Taco Bell proved me wrong, with a little help from bacon and cheese. Man, when I go off a diet, I really go off a diet....

4) I'd like to, but old habits die hard. This ties in somewhat to answer #1.

5) I think we're all a little bit crazy, and some of us are just more functional than others.

6) Nothing much. Knives. Lint. The One Ring. Spare change. My cell phone. Kryptonite.

7) The closest thing would be my NASCAR road trip back in 2006. To be honest, I'm not a fan of travel. I like my familiar surroundings, I'm not a fan of driving, and I definitely don't feel comfortable on an airplane or a boat since I can fly unassisted about as well as I can swim. It's that time of year though when everybody in the office is either on vacation, talking about a vacation they've just returned from, or one that they're planning. And the conversation in a meeting will eventually cycle around to me, and all I can do is shrug my shoulders when asked if I'm going anywhere interesting. I'm feeling the itch a little bit, and some friends were recently discussing the possibility of a cross-country road trip or a cruise next year. I just don't have that kind of free time in my life right now, but it's definitely a bug in my ear now percolating.

8) It should be. I know a few spots near my job where people barrel through and I like to make them stop. I'll do a little fake jog like I'm not deliberately crossing instead of letting them run the sign, but I jog just slow enough that they have to make a full stop. I nearly got hit by a van on Wednesday, and since it sounded like it sputtered and stalled before stopping a few feet over the line, I'm very lucky the driver was able to acknowledge my raised hand. It annoys me that they don't even slow down to check for pedestrians, but I guess it’s becoming a dangerous game....

9) The one who lives in Drury Lane? Hey, he doesn't drive an old van, does he....?

10) Exercise and avoiding junk food always helps me. I probably could stand to get to bed before 1 AM though. I just can't get everything done in the course of a day that I'd like to.

And you, my loyal readers? Where do you stand on these inquiries?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

1: sometimes
2: no, they'll sleep through whatever happens, or just not care.
3: Absolutely. Taco Bell's Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes put inside a softshell taco rocks!
4: No. I don't know what my last day would be like.
5: Both.
6: Wait.. you have knives, plural, in your pockets? What do need more than one for, man?
7: A one-day vacation earlier this year when Rubi and went canoeing. Before that - 2007 when the entire family went top Disney World.
8: sure.
9: I am the Muffin Man.
10: more naps, more caffeine, more food!

8/27/2009 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home