8.24.2009

Phanasmic Links 8.24.09

In one week, we'll no longer have access to my uncle's old apartment. Now that he's in a nursing home with dementia, my other uncle has been in a bit of a hurry to clear everything out. My parents ran a tag sale this weekend though not much sold. Personally, I think a bunch of arrows drawn in marker leading to the second story of an apartment building to a door at the end of the hall that says “come on in” might seem like a trap to some people, but far be it from me to question my mom's wisdom. Much to my dad's chagrin, she's saving even more stuff including the drawers from her parents old end tables, which she wants to use for storage as well as hang on to some piece of their old furniture from when my grandparents were wed. To me, it's just more flammable items to add to our already overcrowded house, but since I share her packrat gene I can't complain. I did weed out some old papers in my room myself this weekend, which of course isn't remotely noticeable. I need a Batcave. Since our basement is full, drilling under it is the only logical solution to these space issues. Then I could put a cool car down there. Chicks dig the car. And everyone digs PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Checking out thousands of varieties of dice isn't much of a gamble; it's a sure interesting thing.

(2) I'm sure I'm not the only one who ever doodled in the margins of my notebook, so I think the discovery in 1951 of the earliest known child drawings is really cool.

(3) Rey takes the time to read the 1,017 page proposed health care bill, and sorts out the good, the not as bad as we thought, the bad, and the ugly.

(4) If you told me four or five years ago that I'd be excited about the trailer for Smallville Season 9, I'd say you would be crazy. I would have been very wrong; how is this show suddenly getting good?

(5) A laser demonstrates remarkable collision detection as it follows contours drawn on a notepad and more.
Hat Tip: B13

(6) As entertaining as the franchise is, you have to admit some Star Wars® designs are not very good or practical at all. You can blame a lot on this guy.
H.T.: J-No (nws).

(7) Meet the real-world versions of some of video games' most iconic objects.

(8) Holy catfish, Batman! Who says scientists are all nerds? I do...now.

(9) Take an 8-bit trip with thousands of LEGO bricks.

(10) 99 Bricks: The Legend of Garry is the most epic game of its kind! Can you master 24 levels of tower building to restore light to your kingdom?


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home