3.09.2009

Phantasmic Links 3.9.09

The weekend was an hour shorter thanks to the time change, although I'm not feeling it yet, perhaps because I was in motion on a train when the shift occurred. With a day off on Friday watching DVDs, a Friday night watching Watchmen, a Saturday night at a karaoke party for a friend's 40th(!) birthday, and a Sunday catching up on the shows I'd missed on Friday night, it's going to be hard to transition back into the real world work groove on Monday. Fortunately, to make things easier, I have some great PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Watchmen isn't the sort of material that would make for a good Saturday morning cartoon. This would be tragic rather than hilarious if it was more than just a parody.
Hat Tip: Antick Musings.

(2) This is what one TRILLION dollars looks like. I'd definitely need a fatter wallet...
H.T.: B13.

(3) Louis CK puts the modern age of technology in perspective. He makes some great points I'm really going to keep in mind the next time a program isn't opening or saving fast enough for me at work.
H.T.: Darrell.

(4) Don't Look Back. Three simple words that don't make sense until you make it to the very depths of the underworld in this classic arcade style adventure.

(5) Be sure to read all five parts of Ombudsmen, to see the darker side of syndicated comics...
H.T.: Antick Musings.

(6) Hilarious Watchmen photo manipulation contest. I personally like the second place entry better than the first, but overall there's a lot of great ones in there.
H.T.: B13.

(7) Wolverine's a Marvel; Rorschach's a DC.

(8) Here's how the makers of Watchmen animated Rorschach's mask.

(9) Two and a Half...Watchmen? I'm sensing a subtle common theme with some of this week's links...
H.T.: B13.

(10) Mushroom Revolution has quirky animated characters, a bouncy soundtrack, and all the addictive potential and upgrades of the best tower defense games.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Maybe the best P-links ever. I loved 'em all.

So that "Saturday morning cartoon" version of Watchmen isn't an indication of what I should expect from the movie? Bummer. I was hoping for at least one scene wherein one of the heroes plays a keytar.

3/09/2009 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home