1.12.2009

Phantasmic Links 1.12.09

Sunday was a fairly quiet day on which, among other things, I wished I'd shoveled the driveway and walkways the night before. We only got about an inch of snow before it turned to sleet, but then that all froze into a nice unbreakable shell of ice. I wish I knew where my dad kept the salt...

Speaking of my dad, after dismissing a shoulder surgeon on Saturday, he hasn't heard any more about a procedure to drain his infected shoulder. With the antibiotics he's recieving, his fever has been staying below 100, occasionally even a normal temperature. His rash is all but gone, but he still has limited motion in the swollen arm. The swelling in his legs is more than likely caused from not elevating them and not walking around, according to one of his nurses, and I did get him to walk up and down the hall for a bit. This put him in a much better mood, and he was even agreeable to have my godfather come to the hospital and watch a football game with him. Later, he and I watched the premiere of 24 together, and at times I almost forgot where we were.

Speaking of 24, I have missed that show! You-know-who is so working deep cover, in my opinion, but I'm treading on spoiler ground and I'm tired, so I'll just move right along to this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) 50 perfect impressions? Sort of...
Hat Tip: D-Lo.

(2) Who's the fastest gunman in the world? This guy.
H.T.: B13.

(3) Apples latest innovation eliminates the keyboard. In your face, QWERTY!
H.T.: Rey.

(4) Urban Sketchers: “See the world, one drawing at a time.”

(5) A wobbly table is not as bad a problem as you think it is...

(6) I wonder what would happen if I ever tried skiing...
H.T.: D-Lo.

(7) Meet...RAZORHAWK! Ah, real-life superheroes...all the world's a comic book convention...
H.T.: B13.

(8) Tetris: Good for PTSD?

(9) Guide Andrew the Droid through 25 challenging levels, making good use of upgrade chips along the way.

(10) Let's end on a positive classic: What a Wonderful World.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Hmmmm, I'm in the mood for that Apple Wheel.

1/12/2009 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home