1.28.2009

PBW: Quest for Zog

At the risk of jinxing things, my dad got some good news on Tuesday. It seems this Friday he will complete his course of antibiotics, which means there will be no reason for him to remain in the nursing home. Since there are no discharges on weekends, he's looking at coming home on Monday. I thought this was great, but he was sulking because he was hoping the meeting he and my mom had on Tuesday with an administrator meant he was getting out on Tuesday, not remaining there for another five days. Considering the possibility that he might have had to stay there until March, my mom and I are taking the news a lot better than he is.

As hints of life returning to normal begin to surface, I'm slowly making my way through various things that have fallen by the wayside, including the images for this week's Photo Blog Wednesday. Taken the weekend before my dad was admitted to the hospital, they chronicle my quest to find the ruins of King Zog. I tried once before to find the remains of a castle on Long Island once inhabited by the ruler of Albania before vandals did irreparable damage and nature reclaimed most of the land. This time, when I finally did locate the crumbling concrete structures resembling the environments of Resident Evil, I wondered how I'd missed it the first time. It was huge. Look on the ruins of the mighty and despair:




















Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Very cool find! I hope to find someplace as cool as this in the coming weeks.

1/28/2009 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home