1.21.2009

PBW: Just Gotta Get Out

As dated as some of the furnishings and decor in my father's nursing home might be, it's nothing compared to some of the abandoned asylums I've come across in my journeys. A few weeks ago, B13 and I were stopped by a security guard at one such site, and told we couldn't enter the buildings(obviously) and that we shouldn't take pictures because of “patient confidentiality”(less obviously). Apparently some sections were still in use, so it's probably better that the cop found us before some random roaming mental patient. In any case, we set out for another collection of abandoned buildings in a place where photography and exploration was allowed, and thus I got all the material I needed for another Photo Blog Wednesday:













Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Our posts have to stop meeting like this ;)

1/21/2009 12:46 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

The sixth picture down ... is that a centapede? (Shudder)

1/21/2009 6:27 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Sixth down---my guess was a dessicated bone...(also shudder)

1/22/2009 12:14 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Inchworm...someday I hope to be the Macrophotog that B13 is and actually get the hairs on the back of a bug that small. I wish I got the thing moving too, folding itself in half then straightening out over and over...he kind of froze up when I moved in for the shot.

1/22/2009 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home