11.24.2008

Phantasmic Links 11.24.08

Well, as of this past Saturday, our leaf blower is dead. It was only the second time I'd used it, but after gathering all the leafs in our yard into a single pile and going back for strays, I found it wouldn't turn back on. I ruled out various extension cords, ultimately plugging the thing directly into an outlet, and had no luck. My dad, hard of hearing, had no idea I was even outside using it in the first place. We took it apart, checked all the wires and connections, and other than a dried leaf or two in the motor, couldn't find a problem. My mom said not to worry about it since it was old, and actually a secondhand model her friend had given to us, but I got kind of spoiled. I think after the holidays, I might look into getting us a new one. After making fun of them for years, I finally found out that they really do make the job easier, when properly directed. For now though, I'm just going to look into PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Watch how this laser system targets and eliminates missiles. I love living in the future.
Hat Tip: Rey.

(2) This guy gets a slight bee problem in his barbecue.
H.T.: B13.

(3) It's the evolution of dance--robot style(in which he does more than The Robot....)
H.T.: J-No.

(4) I can't believe some of these challenged ballots. I also can't believe there are places where people vote with pencils; I thought the lever and curtain in my area was outdated.

(5) QWOP only requires four keys to make your character run, but I feel like I'm learning to walk for the first time. If anyone gets the trick to it, let me know...

(6) Poke virtual creatures. It's not what you think, although I'm sure someone will get to that application sooner rather than later...
H.T.: J-No.

(7) Enjoy some more of those literal videos: Head Over Heels and Under the Bridge.

(8) I'm sure an unaccounted for space spider won't be any problem at all....
H.T.: J-No.

(9) ”We got a job to do. The world needs the X-Men.” I'm looking forward to the new series and I like that the animation style is reminiscent of X-Men Evolution, making it feel like an unofficial continuation of that great series.
H.T.: Sean.

(10) Check out this awesome holographic interface! It's still in the conceptual stages, but have I mentioned how much I love living in the future?

(11) I'm sure everyone has seen the Roomba cat this week; my mom actually caught it on the news the other day.
H.T.: J-No.

(12) Zilch is a dice game combining skill and luck, and with 120 unlockable awards, has definitely been my biggest addiction this week.
H.T.: B13.

(13) Finally, a late entry at lucky #13: creepy ghosts(?) lurking in photos...


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

1 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Sears has some good deals this week. Go for a gas model with a high CFM number. You can get a great one for under $150. It's so much easier than lugging extension cords. Just don't place your hand in front of the exhaust (my wife can attest to that).

Check out Sears item# 07179477000

11/24/2008 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home