11.26.2008

PBW: Cedarmere

Cedarmere is the former home to the late poet William Cullen Bryant, open to the public with a great view of the Long Island Sound, a pond, and some interesting structures on the grounds. I've often driven past there in my travels, and finally made it a Photo Blog Wednesday destination this past weekend. I braved the cold, as well as a bearded old man with a stick. He was always about 30 feet behind me on any given path, and when I'd stop he'd act like he was clearing twigs or refuse with the stick. Perhaps he was just a groundskeeper, although I do find it curious how much he resembles Bryant, now that I'm seeing some photos. Of course, running into a ghost in broad daylight would just be silly; what am I thinking?

Enjoy the photos:



















Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home