5.19.2008

Phantasmic Links 5.19.08

On Sunday I journeyed to a strange and magical land where time moves differently and the air is filled with song. Am I talking about an Italian feast in Staten Island or the latest Narnia movie? While I try to figure that out, check out this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS :

(1) Click Myclofigia and help build our city. Soon this thing will take on a life of its own...

(2) A Mac Music Video shows off all the facets of OS X again and again and again and again....
Hat Tip: B13.

(3) a) The director of Step Up 2 challenges Miley Cyrus and Mandy Jiroux to an online dance battle.
b) Miley and Mandy respond.
c) Their challengers come back with a massive all-star dance of destruction.
Those movies aren't my cup of tea, but I have to admit all these folks have moves
H.T.: Rey.

(4) Create your own three-dimensional online art work with Cubescape! I wonder if I can build an online city much faster, once I get the hang of this...

(5) How fast can you guide a rat to 54 pieces of cheese? It took me awhile, as those “last” seven pieces can be tricky to find. I average around 173 seconds. See if you can find the hidden MP3 as well...

(6) One day, The BBC had no news to report. I guess that's good news?

(7) Scientists dust off an astronomical discovery. I think my room shares a problem with the universe...

(8) Explore Picasso's Guernica in 3D. It really changes the way you see things.

(9) Mobile phones have come a long way since 1985...

(10) Coming in at #10 this week are 10 things you might not know about ‘ol Blue Eyes. I only knew one of those.

(11) A collection of images go out of frame.

(12) Russians breakdance to Run DMC.

(13) Eliza Dushku returns to television and FOX in Joss Whedon's Dollhouse. Have neither of them learned from past experience with that network? I plan to watch every episode they air before they cancel it and put the rest on DVD. Then I'll spend money on the theatrical coda.

(14) Finally, Deadly Dash offers 25 levels and two different degrees of jumping power. It starts out simple enough, but by level 17 it got tough and by 22 or 23 it was just plain evil. Can you escape the warehouse with a score better than 2496?


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dollhouse sounds more than a little like The Pretender, not that there's anything wrong with that.

5/19/2008 8:41 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Fantastic links this week!

That Picasso movie is great and the phones were interesting. Sinatra had some stuff I didn't know (go Mr. Ropper, go!) And that Commie RunDMC video was diabolical! Off da' hook yo!

5/19/2008 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was surprised about 4 or 5 years ago when I finally saw the original Ocean's 11 and saw Norman Fell with the rest of the bunch, so I wasn't too surprised to read he was considered a Rat Packer.

5/19/2008 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home