3.20.2008

i like delirious

I like delirious. I don’t like being sick, but delirious is like drunk without drinking. Aches, pains, sure, but I break into song and nonsense and laugh. “How was work?” asked mom. “Mimsy were the borograves and the momeraths outgrabe,” said I. Then I said something about a scorpion and broke into giggles.

I don’t like sore throat. I’m not there yet, and I’m drinking a lot of water and taking plenty of vitamins. My dad’s still sick, getting a little better each day but not as fast as I’d like. Between the two of us, my mom doesn’t stand a chance. I hope she doesn’t catch it, given her recent hospital stay and current prescription for blood thinners. It won’t be good.

I’m not all aches and pains and nonsense as boiling is my brain. Some good news there is, as my car is fixed. Yay! I think Thursday old Bluestreak will be back on the road. I hope I remember that the doors lock manually when I get it back; I could get spoiled driving dad’s car. Soon a new or slightly used Honda I think will I get. Maybe I’ll look on Saturday.

I like delirious; it gives me an excuse to skip HTML and just write words as they come to my mind. It’s all stream of consciousness, streaming video, flash video, flash ahaaaa, saveeveryoneofus. Me mule wouldn’t walk in the mud, so I had to put 17 bullets in him. Yep, there’s your answer fishbulb. I think she’s starting to suspect something. Who? Your wife. I’ll never tell. I see dead people. Are you gonna kill my little girl? No! Why not? Who is driving car? Oh my, BEAR is driving car, how can that be? Are you gonna bark little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

I may be exaggerating my state of mind just a bit, but it is fun to write like this. Fast, too. I’m looking forward to Easter, and I’m taking another vacation day on Monday. We’ll see how long I can keep up my streak of three day weekends before someone complains. I’m doing a good job though. I’m starting to get results on mailings, and pretty much everything I’ve designed has done better than people predicted. Prophet-able!

Man, it’s hot in here. It was freezing before, now it’s hot. I’m going to turn off the heat. Turn the radio up, for that sweet sound. Stop, baby, what’s that sound? Sound off! One, two! Freddy’s coming for you! I hope human colds aren’t contagious to animals. My cat’s actually been keeping a safe distance. Ungrateful bastard. I sat with him when HE was sick. There he is, my little guy. There he is, my little guy. Isn’t he cute?

Purple monkey dishwasher. Seriously. I have misplaced my pants. And what’s the deal with Subway? Why is it that every time I order a sandwich from the “toasted” list, I then have to ask them, “can you toast that?” Quizno’s PWNS Subway. I need a Quizno’s by me. At least we have a Carvel. I can’t wait for Summer to take advantage of that and completely undo all the positive effects of walking a mile each day for lunch instead of driving. Is the Tylenol kicking in? Am I making sense? Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

Wysiwyg. Kumquats. Pomegranates. Alpha. Teal’C. Tango. Cash. Cash rules everything around me. Cream. I like my sugar with coffee and cream. My rap styles vary, and carry like Mariah. Boom shakalaka. I am not a Skrull. Goo goo ga joob. Bah wheep gragh nah wheep nih nih bong. 42. Rest in peace, Arthur C. Clarke. It sucks that Terry Pratchett has Alzheimer’s. When will this rain stop? Did I look like the Penguin walking to Subway with my black umbrella? And who are these people? Stop eyeballing me, Paz!!

12345. It’s the combination of my luggage. I’m kidding; I don’t have luggage because I never go on vacations. Baggage yes, luggage no. I wish I was on a beach right now, sipping a Corona. Oh, hello Denise Richards and Jessica Biel. What are you doing here? The Island gives me what I need. 4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.

I should probably bed to go now before sense make weird. Prizes to anyone who gets every reference. I like delirious.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Is there an anti-prize for someone who got none of the references, but read the whole post anyway?

3/20/2008 3:42 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

I think I got all of the references but it would be awesome if you linked to every one of them.

And does this mean you saw The Reaping??? BOOYAH!

3/20/2008 8:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No one but we will get Paz. lol.

3/21/2008 9:34 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Everyone's been sick lately. Something nasty is definitely going around. Dr. Janet says drink plenty of fluids, eat chicken soup, rest and watch the tivo if you have it.:)

3/22/2008 8:58 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

No TiVo, but plenty of DVDs and online shows. And definitely plenty of fluids; thanks Dr. J! :)

Hey Rey, I think he's got a beam back there. Watch out Rasputin! What's that, Pit Beef? Professional Sticks? Swine? SMOKEY the &^&%&^&^& BEAR!

In jokes rule. B13 is "wit" it. Yes, I saw the Reaping. Better than I expected, though not sure I care for the very end. I also saw Sunshine; highly recommended good ol' "used future" sci fi in the style of 2001, 2010, Alien, Event Horizon, etc. I'm surprised it didn't do better, but maybe I'm just part of its niche audience.

Lorna, I probably would have given you a prize for being the only one to respond but then others showed up. When I'm myself again, I'll probably come up with real, attainable methods of winning prizes.

3/22/2008 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home