1.01.2008

Looking Back Oh Seven

I'm a firm believer in the necessity of looking back before moving forward. As we start this new year, I wish you all a happy and healthy one as I borrow a swell idea from Antick Musings. A lot happened in my life this year, changes in a status quo that resolved into a new status quo just as quickly. Already revisited in greater detail during our most recent CloakFest, 2007 will now be compressed into bite-sized firsts and lasts, namely the first and last sentence from each month of the year. It should be fun to see these phrases out of context and create new meaning, and it's an easy enough thing to post when I'm really out drinking and filming the drunken antics of my friends. One down, 364 to go.

JANUARY:
“A year is a span of time, a journey like any other.”
“I'll be glad when Winter is over. Brighter pictures have to be in my future....”

FEBRUARY:
“It's no secret that there are fewer and fewer original movies every year.”
“It's great when good things happen, and better when they surprise you. We could all use more of that in life.”

MARCH:
”What are the worst music videos you've ever seen and what makes them so g*d awful?”
“David Kaye's Megatron (II) in Beast Wars:”

APRIL:
“I'm not a ‘big picture' kind of guy.”
“E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

MAY:
“Welcome to the conclusion of our special two-part Photo Blog Wednesday!
“The wheel in the sky keeps on turning...”

JUNE:
“Can you believe it's June first already?”
“In the end, timing is everything.”

JULY:
“I don't know why The Dukes of Hazzard got such horrible reviews.”
“Otis.”

AUGUST:
“In Safety Town, everything is quite a bit smaller.”
“Right now, it seems like those episodes may air beginning in January, 2008.

SEPTEMBER:
“Earlier this week, I shared Rey's college observations.”
“As long as I'm here, I'm always going to have something on my list.”

OCTOBER:
“Two more.”
“Perhaps I'll show more next week...”

NOVEMBER:
”'So, are you loving your new existence?'”
“Hopefully, that's still a few years off, unless I zone out...when are we again?”

DECEMBER:
“It has been one long, busy, and productive week.”
“E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

4 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

Happy New Year!
Hope 2008 goes well for you!

12/31/2007 8:28 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

April and December have more in common than I previously thought.

1/01/2008 2:15 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I vote for July


What?


Isn't it a contest?

1/01/2008 2:19 PM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

Looks like you had a pretty good year, well better than me at least :-)

Happy New Year MCF!!!

1/01/2008 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home