12.07.2007

You say SPIRIT!

Christmas is nearly here. The office is decorated with wreathes and stockings and lights, as well as candles for our Jewish friends. Our holiday party is two weeks away. I haven't started shopping yet, unless the free clock I got for my mom from work a few months ago counts? Right. I haven't started shopping yet.

Your Christmas is Most Like: How the Grinch Stole Christmas

You can't really get into the Christmas spirit...
But it usually gets to you by the end of the holiday.


Those are accurate test results; it always takes me a while to get into the spirit. I don't want to hear the songs on the radio. I don't want to think about wrapping presents and battle crowds at the mall. A crowded church should be a good thing, but I enjoy my space, perhaps selfishly, and I also know everybody will be gone again in January.

Last year, the following video did give my spirit a jump start:



That was awesome then, and is awesome now. I found out one of my friends is actually going to see Twisted Sister in concert this Christmas, and that reminded me of the soon-to-be classic video. Some day, kids will call that “old folks” music. Some day might be today, but I'm not about to poll kids and get depressed. I think I will take a bevy of Christmas themed tests though, and see if I can't focus on the fun side of the season for once. Feel free to play along, no matter what you celebrate, or even if you celebrate nothing at all! It's a party, Marge. It doesn't have to make sense.

Your Elf Name Is...

Ditzy Snowballer

You Were Nice This Year!

You're an uber-perfect person who is on the top of Santa's list.
You probably didn't even *think* any naughty thoughts this year.
Unless you're a Mormon, you've probably been a little too good.
Is that extra candy cane worth being a sweetheart for 365 days straight?

You Are a Snowman

Friendly and fun, you enjoy bringing holiday cheer to everyone you know!

You Are a Losing Lottery Ticket!

Full of hope and promise.
But in the end, a cheap letdown.

You Are a Funny Gift Giver

Your gifts are wacky, offbeat, and even borderline naughty.
You prefer to give a gift that makes someone crack up...
Forget utility. You prefer to give something that's totally hilarious.

Your Holiday Stress Level is Moderate

The holidays sometimes stress you out, but mostly because they wear you down.
Take it easy! You can have a fun holiday without running yourself ragged.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

I tested for the movie: A Very Brady Christmas.

I'm so discouraged.

12/07/2007 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home