1.10.2007

PBW: Ruins by the Nissequogue

My mouse woes may have caused me to miss most of the gorgeous weather on Saturday, but I wasn't going to stay cooped up on Sunday once my problem was resolved. On numerous journeys out East, I've passed the entrance to the Nissequogue River State Park many times. I had a few hours of daylight remaining once my camera batteries were charged, and I decided to make that my destination for this week's Photo Blog Wednesday, though I had another set of images in reserve from yet another trip the week prior. It turned out to be more of an adventure than I expected, especially when I found myself driving a mile through the abandoned and slightly creepy Kings Park Psychiatric Center. I didn't see any ghosts or forgotten inmates wandering the grounds. Instead I found a nice beach, some buildings “fixed up” by having paintings over all their broken windows, and some challenging trails. It was a good day, and a place I'll have to return to when it's not so close to sunset...




























Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger The Unseen One said...

That abandoned psychiatric hospital looks like a great place for some urban exploring!

1/10/2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger RC said...

interesting hospital!

I love your shots of the stairs and i like the glare on the windows in one of the last shots.

1/10/2007 11:21 AM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

I'm telling you, if you don't submit to JPGMAG I'll do it for you. ;-)

gufgfak - The noise made after eating fifteen dollars worth of taco bell.

1/10/2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Those are great pictures but something about the place creeps me out.

1/10/2007 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home