10.27.2006

Six Words Sci Fi and Fantasy

The other day, Curt sent me an interesting WIRED article in which many great authors of science fiction, comics, and other genres were called upon to submit stories, limited to only six words apiece. There are some really clever ones on there, from Joss Whedon's “Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so.” to Orson Scott Card's “The baby's blood type? Human, mostly.” It seemed like fun, so I thought I'd try a few of my own:

• Sentient internet writes critique of bloggers.

• Castle stormed, not so much fun.

• Which one of these buttons opens

• Action figures live, redecorating my cubicle.

• Déjà vu Déjà vu is weird.

• Did my cat always have tentacles?

• The sky fell. My umbrella broke.

• She didn't need another organ transplant.

• Where did I park the ship?

• Two of everything doesn't mean auxiliary.

• This flashback is changing my future.

• Planet explodes. What are the odds?!

• Zarjor kept time in a bottle.

• I think my laundry is moving...

• Walls don't usually bleed like that.

• Scientists clone shepherds erroneously; sheep afraid.

• Land. Multiply. Conquer. Retreat. Land. Repeat.

• The knight had a bad day.

• Which way does this gun usually

• Funny, I never noticed those pods.

• Wizards share spells over the internet.

• Eventually, I should reach the bottom.

• It's all a dream. Isn't it?

• My cape snags propellor. How embarrassing.

• That’s not my brain over there...?

• Laser razors made him faceless shaving.

• Heads I lose. Tales you win.

• Incorrect password. Access to life denied.

• Déjà vu Déjà vu is weird.

• Robot replaces MCF, and nobody notices.

After killing Rey's story with excess, it's good to know brevity doesn't always escape me. Why not try a few super short short stories of your own?

7 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

Many of yours were nice basic sentences.
Whereas some of those in the article were obvious efforts to come up with something for the six word rule.

Kev reads MCF; comments off topic.

On a completely unrelated topic - Have I ever mentioned that we have a "MCF Construction" company here? I keep meaning to take a picture of one of their signs and email it to you.

10/27/2006 4:58 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

brilliant. I won't embarass myself by trying.

10/27/2006 8:06 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Mysterious Cloaked Figure! Seen at work!

10/27/2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

Ripper's razor slipped, ending his reign.

This is hard.

10/27/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Oooh!!! Let me try!!!


Ensign Redshirt, look behind that rock!

My left half eaten. I'm alright.

Computer evolves. "Let there be light."

Serenity now! Fox screwed it up.

Awaking from dreams, into a nightmare.

Traveled time. Killed ancestor. I cease.

Summoned demon... Pentagrams have FIVE sides???

Dalek's Earth invasion foiled by stairs.

The last trumpet sounds. Goodbye, world.

IV replaced with brine. Pickled person.

Clown eaten by cannibals. Tasted funny.

MCF pines for his alien lover.

And finally:

This is harder than it looks!!!

10/27/2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

Darrell back to blogging. Hijinx ensues.

10/27/2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Unseen said:
"Serenity now! Fox screwed it up."

That's mu favorite so far!

10/27/2006 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home