10.23.2006

Phantasmic Links 10.23.06

On Friday, I came home exhausted with a bit of agita, both of which I attributed to work related stress. When I woke up bright and early on Saturday morning, I couldn't turn my head to the right. None of that mattered though, because I had an awesome day of paintball ahead of me at a great facility I'd never played at before, and I wasn't about to let cold symptoms stop me. I had one of my best experiences yet playing the game, but was pretty wiped out afterwards, and slightly feverish. Still, I hung on long enough to take my mom to church, eat dinner, and watch Click before passing out for about twelve hours, hence the obscene lateness of Sunday's post, for which I apologize. As for Click, I've never shed a tear at an Adam Sandler comedy before, with the possible exception of 50 First Dates, but a few key parts of this movie definitely hit close to home. As Sandler and his films mature, I think so too does his audience, so he probably could have dispensed with the one or two bits of gross-out humor tucked in there to satisfy lingering sophomoric fans. It really was a quality film about the value of family and the traps our careers might present, told through an entertaining fantasy scenario. I recommend it, but first I recommend this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Tyra Banks really likes the product she's giving away. Scary. Hat tip to Rey.

Speaking of insanity, is being brought up with religious beliefs worse than being sexually abused? One atheist says that it is.

May the Farce be with you! A photo manipulating contest of cosmic proportions, found by Sean.

B13 goes on an amazing vacation with photos to prove it, possibly setting a record for the most photos in a single post. Note to self: take more pictures.

Otis discovers a regular guy who may have unraveled the Stonehenge mystery.

Sad as it is, I do remember this Star Trekkin' song, even if that acid trip of a video is something I've never seen before. There's Sarcasmo on the hat tip bow.

It's an entire blog dedicated to ugly animals. I already checked, and I'm not on there.

By a show of comments, how many of you are going to create Cylon Jack-O-Lanterns this year? Maybe the guy who's carved over 2,000 this year alone has some in his backyard. Thanks to Lorna for the article.

Will you vote for the New 7 Wonders of the World? Kev Bayer did.

Can you shoot this target for thirty seconds and beat my score of 60? With a B- I rank as a Commodore. If only the thing would stay still, but then there's the challenge...

These people aren't related, but they certainly look alike.

I haven't been feeling quite right the last few days, but I tend to avoid pills stronger than vitamins. Sometimes the side effects just aren't worth it.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger SwanShadow said...

Wait a second...

Did you actually use the words Sandler and mature in the same sentence?

I'm not sure that's legal.

10/23/2006 11:22 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

31 shots. 100% in the bullseye. Score of 62. B- Commodore... WTF?

10/23/2006 2:45 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

The not related link reminds me of the actors Brendan and Brent Fraser. Oh sure, you know Brendan, but have you ever seen Brent?!http://imdb.com/name/nm0292082/

And they're not related. Or so they say.

10/23/2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

42 shots, 88% center, score 79, rank A- Fleet Admiral.

I play shooting games a lot.

10/23/2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Otis dude, that is impressive. B13 is some kind of Ghost Recon Jedi sniper and didn't do as well. You must play a lot of games--!

Janet, only thing on that dude's resume I recognized is Dead and Breakfast. I vaguely remember his character though others like Eric Palladino had more memorable parts. The best no-relation in Hollywood IMO is Adam Baldwin, the Baldwin brother who isn't a Baldwin brother.

SS, check out Punch Drunk Love or Spanglish for a different side of Sandler. He hasn't made the kinds of shifts Jim Carrey or Robin Williams have, but there's potential for him to do more than the brand of comedy that initially made him famous.

10/24/2006 1:01 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

The target game is awesome ... and so am I.

10/25/2006 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home