10.18.2006

PBW: L.I. Gantry

I've been to a section of Long Island City with an amazing view of Manhattan two years in a row to play music now. Each time, I wished I'd brought a camera to the gig, so this past Sunday I decided to go for a drive and make a special trip. Gantry Plaza State Park didn't dissappoint, as I captured urban imagery on either side of the water, along with hints of nature, some classic cars, a building on the verge of demolition, and more. I hope you all enjoy this week's Photo Blog Wednesday:




















































Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the body dumping ground. I bet those underwater electrical cables make it difficult for the divers in their recovery missions. Very clever, MCF, very clever. You may also want to check with your therapist regarding what appears to be an unhealthy obsession of the Empire State Building and other towering objects.

10/18/2006 7:03 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I knew there was something I didn't like about NYC. It's a dog free zone. Doh!

10/18/2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

You so climbed on the tower, didn't you? :-)

10/18/2006 6:53 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Well, how high up do you think that "do not climb" sign was, Kev? XD

That was just one section of the park D; there were actually quite a few dog walkers by the piers and along some of the garden paths.

thegreek, is fear of the body dumping ground why I had a relatively peaceful day other than your initial redecorating of my cubicle before I got to work?

10/18/2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

Awesome locale. I have a lot of pics to go through from my trip to Niagra. Expect a loooooong one from me really soon. Your pics came out beautiful. Nicely done.

10/18/2006 10:01 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

yeah, I didn't comment on that - those are great photos.

10/18/2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger cube said...

Excellent. I haven't been to NY since 1968.

10/19/2006 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home