10.11.2006

PBW: Revelations II



Cloakfest 2K6 is HERE, and we kick off a triumphant trio of celebratory content with a very special Photo Blog Wednesday. After last year's revealing photos, I decided to continue the tradition, thanks to a great suggestion from Wendy. While I was but a few months old in last year's photos, unusually verbose for one so small, this year's images depict a five-year-old MCF, November 15th, 1979. They show how I looked a few months before the lip-splitting incident that left me horribly scarred, but may yet support the old saying, “You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny.”:





Those of you hoping that I might have something different to offer this year are in luck, as my friend B13 caught a rare candid photo a few weeks ago! Yes, this is a real MCF sighting in the woods, not digitally enhanced in any way, showing a photographer in one of his natural environments:



A few more pounds, and a lot less cranial hair, but otherwise I haven't changed a bit! What will I look like next year? What will I reveal?

Cloakfest 2K6 continues tomorrow with a look back at highlights from the 2K5-2K6 season, and then Friday I'll answer readers' questions and share predictions for the coming year.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

that was a big reveal! You know Darrell is going to take that picture and run it through some sort of digital ageing software...

10/11/2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/11/2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

A more recent pic can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/pg3c7

This is a time sensitive link... shhhhhh!

10/11/2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I will, of course, come up with some kind of use for the photo. I have to say I'm really impressed by your bravery by posting that recent one, though. You don't look a thing like what I thought you would look like, as far as I know, and yet I still have no real idea what you look like. Pretty enigmatic; classic MCF. Same ol' Mr. Whornelli. The really surprising thing, though, is that, by the clothing and posture, in that picture you look a great deal like another secretive blogger whom I happen to know in real life. Could it be that you two are the same person? Have I been punk'd on a cosmic level?

10/11/2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Wow! Could it be I might be one step closer to picking you out of a lineup? At least the five year old you. If your yet to be born son ever commits a crime, I've got his number.:)

10/11/2006 4:53 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

My pants are waaaaay baggier than that Darrell. I wish the pic was at a higher pixel quality. I cant get a good close up capture. The good news is that I am on vacation again next week and may visit Darrell and combine our evil talents to get a really good picture up.
Cute baby pic BTW.

10/11/2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

endearing yet disappointing...in the sense that there was no shock in it. I'll recognize you if we run into each other at some nature site with birds.

10/12/2006 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home