10.02.2006

Phantasmic Links 10.2.06

It is freezing in here, right now. I think it may be time to clean and turn back on the radiators for the season. This is also the time of year when I should start wearing a jacket, reluctant as I am to give in to the reality of the cold. Cold may be the nights, but hot are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

There's not much time! Cloakfest 2006 is right around the corner, so please e-mail me your predictions for the next year, and any questions you'd like me to answer. The deadline is next Saturday, October 7th. No one has sent me anything yet, but I hope to receive some questions and predictions this week...

I've made paper airplanes, snowflakes, fortune tellers, and swans, but here's some genuine paper art.

Funny Farm is a challenging word puzzle that takes word association to a higher level of brain taxation.

Here are the top 50 Marvel comic book covers of 2006.

Batman and Superman...drunk drivers? How my heroes keep falling...

And if that is not strange enough, this Michael Jackson's neither black nor white...

Apparently, robbing an ATM was as easy as looking up a manual and putting in the default passwords. It's good to know in the digital age that our funds are so safe...

Seen on Screen requires nothing more than the right clicks, in the right places, at the right times. What more can you ask for in a puzzle?


I've been seeing the above Weird Al video everywhere from Scott's to Otis'. Now, thanks to Sarcasmo, we can test how white and nerdy we are. At a mere 32%, there's hope for this Mysterious Cloaked Figure yet...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Oh crap. I knew I was forgetting something. My predictions. You'll have to forgive me. I've been a lazy blogger lately:(

As for the Weird Al video, I just saw it for the first time yesterday. It's just further proof of what I've known for years. Weird Al rocks.

10/02/2006 8:41 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I'm having a terrible time coming up with predictions. I was going to sit here and think of some, but I just spent the past hour and twenty minutes looking at the top marvel covers of '06, going "Got that one, got that one, ain't got that one, never saw that one, got that one," etc.

I was glad to see Wolverine Origins #1 in there, although Wolverine Origins #4 was the cover of the year, in my opinion. Humberto Ramos is doing pencils now for Wolverine's regular title, which is why I'll stop at 50. I can't stand his art. Too manga for my taste. I think 50 is a good place to stop. That's especially frustrating because Marc Gugenheim (sp?) is doing some great writing for the series now, but the art ruins it for me. The Origins storyline is good, but has the potential to become too contrived. Steve Dillon is drawing it now at least.

10/02/2006 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

b13 here... forgot my password :(

Anyway...
The paper art is insane and the india jackson is just disturbing.

10/02/2006 12:08 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

I got 42%. Mostly because I'm a nerd that doesn't do math.

10/02/2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

How distressing---I could actually sing along with Weird Al....

10/02/2006 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home