7.31.2006

Phantasmic Links 7.31.06

Hello, internet. You're looking quite fetching this evening. Who am I? Figure. Mysterious Cloaked Figure. Perhaps I could interest you in a spot of this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS?:

You're all powerless before the might of the RIDICULOUSLY. CUTE. KITTEN. Awwww....

How well do you know your movies? Can you guess from only a still image of a scene? Type correctly and the box turns green; get your score at the bottom of the screen. My scores are to the right of each link:
Fun With Movies, Part I: 20 out of 30
Fun With Movies, Part II: 24 out of 30
Fun With Movies, Part III: 15 out of 28

Whew, movie quizzes make me hungry. Maybe I'll try one of these sandwich ideas recommended by Kev Bayer.

Colbert interviews Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada. While Darrell didn't link to this specific clip, I am giving him a nod for pointing me in the direction of the show.

I've seen a lot of funny things this week, more than I can or would want to possibly share. Kevin Smith's hilarious Superman anecdote, posted by Sean, is definitely one of the funniest. “Thanagarian Snare Beast” indeed....

Kevin Smith also made me laugh quite a bit at Clerks II this weekend, and while I found Randal's summary of The Lord of the Rings trilogy to be very insightful, I would later stumble upon an even more shocking comparison between LotR and another classic piece of cinema history...

Hey boys and girls! If you could be a superhero, who would you be?

Can you disinfect the core? The only thing more frustrating than the computer player's skill is the evil way it mocks you with familiar catch phrases. Addictive, and I've only managed to beat it once.

”Wikipedia Celebrates 750 Years of American Independence.” I had no idea. Thanks, Curt.

Throwing a party? Will you know where to seat your guests when they RSVP? This card game offers eight challenging levels.

Maybe the hero of this classic video should have gone with “How you doin'?” instead of “My car broke down.” Lyndon helps us remember something perhaps best left forgotten....

There are 100 wonders in this world, and I've seen...um...two...(the Met and the NY Skyline). I need to get out more.

With the Concert Ticket Generator, now you can show off a ticket to anything, even here:


Can you deduce the Final Answer to Everything?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Did you happen to catch any of that Who Wants To Be A Superhero show on Sci Fi? If you didn't you didn't miss much, except of course mass possibilities for public mockery.:)

7/31/2006 12:33 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

The Final Answer to Everything, if I remember my Hitchhiker's Guide is 42.

7/31/2006 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home