4.23.2006

Phantasmic Links 4.23.06

It's been raining for days now. If this keeps up, I may have to come out with my own grunge album. As a result of the poor weather, I don't have much to report this weekend other than at $3.05 per gallon for the “cheap” stuff, I spent way too much on gasoline today. Also, while watching a Knight Rider episode on DVD this afternoon, I thought the small boy that befriends an amnesiac KITT looked a little familiar. Sure enough, it was indeed a very young Jason Bateman. If that's not valuable trivia, then I don't know what is. What I do know are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Speaking of Hasselhoff, has anyone seen him the classic sci fi adventure Star Crash? I certainly haven't, but after finding the link to the trailer for this B-movie at Sarcasmo's, my morbid curiosity is piqued.

C if for Cookie! HT is for Hat Tip, once more to Sarcasmo.

There are many games like Break It 2, but what's particularly nice about this execution is the physics of the paddle, which tilts as you move the mouse from left to right, giving you some indication of which way the ball will bounce, and giving the player more control than in other incarnations. It's 50 levels of fun!

Contribute to the gestalt that is...The Mean Face!

This Back to the Future timeline might help you sort out the linear result of the nonlinear events, if you know what I mean.

At last, we can finally surf the internet...on bathroom floors?! I wouldn't want to work in tech support over there...

Coincidences? I think not...

Here are the top ten worst video game quotes. How many do you know? You cannot escape! YOU will be the ones escaping!

TVGoddess shares some good news for Scrubs fans.

Did you know that William Shatner performed his now infamous cover of “Rocket Man” as far back as 1978? I guess his music career didn't start with Priceline commercials after all. Watching this video definitely makes me appreciate Family Guy's attention to detail.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Unseen One said...

HA!!! I actually saw Star Crash in the theater when I was a kid! Even back then, I thought it was kind of stupid. I've got to see it again!

4/24/2006 7:12 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Wait. Did you just use Hasselhoff and classic in the same sentence without a trace of sarcasm?:)

4/24/2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

I'm a little disappointed that you didn't provide a link to the word "rain".. I live in southern California, so I'm not terribly familiar with that concept.

4/25/2006 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home