12.15.2005

Thursday Highlights

• Getting to work early yet again, and discovering that even on a day with multiple meetings, I can still maximize the time in between.

• A surprise visit from Mr. and Mrs. Happy and infant Tater, whom I got to see for the first time.

• A soda, a Sicilian slice, and a buffalo slice, all for just over five dollars.

• Learning the origin of "Bobtail", who apparently was the horse.

• Returning from lunch to find the lobby windows completely steamed over, smoke billowing out the doors, and a flood of scalding hot water spreading out across the sidewalk, all from a busted pipe.

• A satisfactory resolution of a work issue from a few days ago.

• The incomparable new King Kong. I want my own giant gorilla. I wouldn't mind Naomi Watts, either. WOW.

What were some of your Thursday highlights?

3 Comments:

Blogger Xtine said...

I think I am going to go see King Kong tomorrow. Though I fear the 3+ hours running time.

Go to the Bronx Zoo and visit with the Gorillas, your desire to have one of your own may suddenly change when you see one sleeping in its own poo.

12/16/2005 10:07 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I've been to the Bronx zoo and despite the poo-flinging, the gorillas were my favorite attraction. I especially like seeing a mother running around with two babies that were hanging on her neck or sitting on her shoulders or wrestling with each other. I still keep a post card in my cubicle with one of their noble faces.

Man...I just had a horrifying thought about Kong...I'm glad they stopped short of the flinging aspect of being a gorilla. I think seeing that would have traumatized me more than another scene with something worse than a giant gorilla....

The first hour goes slow, but it's all good character development, and then bam out of nowhere the thing picks up pace suddenly and solidly until the end.

12/16/2005 10:56 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I on the other hand was pleasantly surprised by Shallow Hal, as I usually am with Farrelly brothers' movies, especially with Jack's performance(the one scene with the little girl toward the end....wow).

Black was REALLY good in King Kong. The laughs were there in his performance, but were for the most part subtle vs. the manic aspects of his stage persona or roles like Orange County. I think he just might surprise you.

12/17/2005 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home