12.13.2005

Odd Vacation

Greetings, loyal readers! I'm coming to you tonight live from my remote office, A.K.A. using my friend Rey's iBook and WiFi connection. Unable to drive for six months to a year due to his recent seizure, I'm crashing here while his family is away for the week, to keep an eye on things but mostly to play chauffeur since we work together. People at the office are already making Odd Couple jokes. There was some dispute earlier today over who was who, but considering the guest room is already covered in clothes, DVDs, spare change, and other MCF-clutter, I'm pretty sure I know which one I am.

Posting may be brief to sporadic this week, but I'll try to have something to say every day as always. In a way, it's kind of like being on vacation. Yesterday was an actual vacation day, during which I saw the outstanding Chronicles of Narnia. I stayed here last night and tonight we watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith, which proved far better than I expected, was over-the-top cool and funny, and in a twisted way, said some positive things about marriage, despite a comment I made to the contrary when I first saw the trailer with The Happy Husband.
It's only been a day, but my mom already called me at work at the end of the day to see how I was, and ask if I remembered my parents. I don't know how they're going to handle it when I move out for real. It should be an interesting week, and I'll probably get spoiled having free cable and a 15-20 minute commute instead of the usual half hour plus it takes from my folks' place. Granted, the very first thing I saw when I turned on the television this morning, without even changing the channel, was the gruesome discovery of a body across the street from Rey's co-op. Police thought it was a brush fire, but upon extinguishing it found a guy with a gunshot wound to the head. Rey assures me that this neighborhood never has things like that happen, so I wonder if I've twisted probability again. It was really odd that I'd turn on the television at the exact second that story was being broadcast.

I should get some sleep now. If my commenting on other sites seems sparse, worry not. I'm still reading when I can, and checking from work from time to time. Tomorrow there will be photos, since I set up a Wednesday post over the weekend from home. From the field, this is MCF, signing off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

The WHEN WILL MCF'S PARENTS RENT HIS ROOM Pool begins here!

12/14/2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

That's very nice of you to help a friend out, but I think the adventures of MCF and Jerry living together would make for some much more entertaining stories ...

12/14/2005 10:07 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Considering that for a good half hour this morning I had Jerry convinced his automated e-mail response saying he was out of the office yesterday was still on(even though I would have to send an e-mail to see it in the first place), I think Kelly is right....

12/14/2005 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home