12.12.2005

M.C.F.A.T. III: Answered

When M.C.F.A.T. III made it's debut, my reader's didn't disappoint! Here's who took up the challenge this time around:

*NAME HIDDEN*

Neil

Kelly

Paul, just this guy, you know?

Darrell

Kev Bayer

Lorna

Neolithic

And now, my answers:

1) What, in your opinion, was the best finale to a television series? I know these things are frequently difficult to narrow down, so if you cannot choose one, narrow it down to a reasonable number, perhaps three.
I found the ending to Beast Wars to be remarkable and epic, bringing three seasons of the show full circle to a satisfactory conclusion, something rarely seen in animated series, especially the one it was based on. Angel ended on an excellent note that many fans hated, and I was ambivalent about at first. The show was canceled about a year too soon in my opinion, its creators given very short notice to wrap things up. They did so in such a way as to tie up loose ends and leave a cliffhanger that, in my mind, says that the fight against evil never ends. I loved the endings to Newhart and Cheers, and honorable mention has to go to Coach for the unexpected appearance of a trio of Newhart characters. It was a great surprise and a greater laugh when Larry, Darryl, and Darryl showed up.

2) You wake up to get the morning paper when you notice something is wrong. The sky is green and the grass is blue. Birds are swimming and fish are flying. Explain.
Some unseen arch nemesis must have me strapped in to a machine attempting to read my thoughts and creating this reality in my mind. This enemy cannot be human, and by getting such details wrong, has tipped his/her/its hand/claw/tentacle. The Cloaked Figure will escape and be victorious!

3) How did you lose your first tooth?
I remember it being loose, and playing with it, and having it hanging by a thread for the longest time. Then one morning I excitedly called to my mom that it had fallen into my bowl of Cheerios. Another memorable tooth loss include the first time I was allowed to be the goalie for my soccer team and a ball to the face knocked it out and stopped the game while I searched for it. Then there was the time I accidentally swallowed one of my baby teeth....

4) What's the strangest thing you or someone you know has made out of snow?
I once built an igloo on my lawn after a big blizzard. I packed snow into a cardboard box, added water, let it sit and then made blocks. It was pretty cool and lasted a while. In college a friend of mine used to tell us about the giant snow penises he and his friends would make on people's lawns, but thankfully we never saw them. I thought it a pretty unique thing before reading Neil's answer.

5) What's the best superhero lair and why? Feel free to provide examples.
I don't know if the Autobots count as superheroes, but I always thought The Ark was a cool headquarters. These giant robots crash into a volcano in Oregon 4 million years ago, and when an eruption awakes them in 1984, they simply convert the whole thing into a base. Eventually they'd even have an entire transforming city. If that answer doesn't count, then I'd say The Batcave, in any incarnation. I just think it would be great to have a super computer, car, jet, souvenirs and gadgets hidden beneath my mansion. Having the mansion wouldn't be too shabby, either.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

Gah! I forgot about beastwars! That was an excellent finale!

Wish I had seen the Coach finale - that sounds funny! I never really watched the show though.

And as far as x-rated snow creations. I think that's a college town thing. Locally, we had a some students make snow-sculptures of 2 males and a female... together.

12/12/2005 9:13 PM  
Blogger SPM said...

Damn... work got in the way. I might have it up later on Wednesday. I'll link it here.

12/13/2005 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home