6.28.2010

Phantasmic Links 6.28.10

It is hot out there folks! I did my best to stay cool this weekend, and I was glad that fire department parades are normally(and wisely) scheduled for 6 PM on Saturdays. Italian feasts are a different story, but I didn't have any of those to play this weekend. On Sunday I took in a local matinee of The A-Team and ended up getting a private screening, because hardly anyone goes to the theater in my hometown anymore and this movie's been out for a few weeks now. I personally loved every minute of mindless popcorn action, and thought it was one of Hollywood's better interpretations of an '80s show. If you liked the original, you'll like this updated version, which moves too fast for you to question physics or coincidences or any of the stuff that went out the window with the original. I was sad during the credits, because I saw the names of two actors who had cameo appearances that I thought I'd missed. Thankfully, I'm not that unobservant, as their scenes took place after the credits. All in all, it was a fun ride, on par with The Losers, and everything I'd want from a Summer movie on a hot Sunday afternoon.

Afterwards, it was still absurdly warm outside, moreso than before, so I spent some time at the mall getting some errands done and remaining cool, before finally heading home to relax and enjoy the rest of my weekend. Summer is in full swing, even if I did see a “Back-to-School” Staples outlet in my travels. Let's not rush things too much, folks. Let's sip some iced tea, relax, and click on some PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) The font nerd and movie geek in my joined forces in absolute glee with this Movie Poster Font Quiz, which I aced.

(2) And now, take a trip down memory lane, to a time when sitcoms were slightly corny plays performed in front of a live studio audience, with this Very Special Episode of Family Ties guest-starring Tom Hanks. There be future movie stars, folks....

(3) These might be rejected New Yorker cartoons, but for some reason they're much funnier and I get them.

(4) Are you a good multi-tasker? I scored somewhat average, above low multi-taskers but below high-multitaskers. It's....tricky.

(5) Combine sports and physics in Soccer Balls, and see if you can use teamwork and strategy to anger referees...

(6) Batman's golf cart has been sighted! I'd let the man play through....

(7) Speaking of the caped crusader, various incarnations give their opinion of a certain adult parody of his ‘60s adventures....

(8) Here are 13 songs that aren't comic books, but should be....

(9) Sesame Street Fighter is one of those awesome combinations I wish I'd thought of, and didn't even consider until I saw it for myself.

(10) Finally, use this avatar generator to turn yourself into a Scott Pilgrim character! Here's mine:



Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home