7.19.2010

Phantasmic Links 7.19.10

This has been a very long, hot weekend. I played for five hours in Brooklyn on Friday morning, two back on Long Island Friday night, and another two on Saturday morning. The sun and music took their toll, but by Sunday morning I was feeling like my old self, if still overheated. I had an emergency project when I noticed fluid under a radio in the basement, acid that had eaten through the eight D batteries inside the casing. It didn't have much sentimental value beyond inheriting it from my old friend Rey years ago when he left the company we had both worked for, and truth be told those were probably still the same batteries he had in the thing. I never really had used it, and fear of coming in contact with the caustic liquid made putting the thing outside to be thrown out with the garbage on Tuesday a no-brainer. It took brains to research online and discover that vinegar would neutralize the pool of acid on the basement floor, but I've still been feeling phantom burns on my hands and feet all day. Taking my folks to a hospital to see my ailing Aunt, who's reacting badly to chemotherapy and pain medication took my mind off my imaginary problems, though I'll probably still be wary of that spot on the floor near the washing machine every time I do laundry. Batteries are a household product, so they can't be that dangerous, right? And it's not the first time I left some in an electronic device too long; as a kid, I ruined several keys on my electronic synthesizer when batteries leaked, though my mom took care of the clean up and managed to restore the device to partial working order. What a weekend; I actually can't wait to get back to work. But first, I'll get back to some PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Close your eyes. Now open them. Look at my blog. It's a link, to a library spoof of that Old Spice commercial you love! Click like a surfer, surfer.
Hat Tip: B13

(2) Hawkman and Hawkgirl have more complex origins than you might have realized. Wow. Comics, right?

(3) I'm not sure how accurate this Brain Profiler is, but it certainly hit upon similar traits tests taken in the past have revealed about myself. My breakdown was Auditory : 64%, Visual : 35%, Left : 47%, and Right : 52%, which is unusual for an artist. In the larger summary, it was more spot-on when it spoke of me being critical of myself, or getting too caught up in specific details. These things are always interesting, though I've never discovered how to practically apply any of the results, if even necessary.
H.T.: Spockgirl.

(4) ”Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain?”

(5) I guess K.I.S.S. was one of those groups that sounded so much different when they performed live. Frightening.
H.T.: Krispy

(6) If Star Wars® had been a 1920s silent movie, it might have looked a little something like this....

(7) Ryan Reynolds is Green Lantern! I think these early shots look promising. The internet has other opinions.
H.T.: J-No.

(8) Mr. Hipp's blog has some truly sick interpretations of various comic book and science fiction characters. I particularly like his Spider-Man.

(9) In one of the more surreal stories of the week, Archaeologists find the remains of an 18th century boat beneath the former site of the World Trade Center.

(10) Black and White, one goes left when the other goes right. Can you guide them both to their respective exits?


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger SPM said...

KISS isn't an acronym.

7/21/2010 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home