7.24.2010

MCF's COMMON Bondz 10

Did you guess? Did you know the COMMON bonds in yesterday's edition of MCF's COMMON? Let's find out what linked each group of four, and how close you were....

GROUP 1
(A) Magic Head.
(B) Lavender Gooms.
(C) Methuselah Honeysuckle.
(D) Trapezius Milkington.
If you're a fan of Psych, perhaps you recognized four of the myriad nicknames wisecracking “psychic” detective Shawn Spencer has come up with for his best friend and sidekick Burton “Gus” Guster over the years.

GROUP 2
(A) My upper lip.
(B) My abdomen.
(C) My right hand.
(D) My left knee.
Spockgirl's guess of my “hairy body parts” was, sadly enough, an accurate answer, though not the one I was looking for. These are all places where I bear scars: I fell on glass and split my lip open when I was five, I had surgery when I was 25 to remove a birth defect from my intestines, my right hand has small scars(and likely glass shards) from when I accidentally punched through a window as a teenager while pretending to be Colossus, and my knee has one big scar from when I fell on a chunk of asphalt while playing near some road work. Actually, these are some of the few places where I can't grow hair anymore.

GROUP 3
(A) Ryan.
(B) Loretta.
(C) Angelo.
(D) Jack.
This one was really obscure and a bit graphic design nerdy: four names that rhyme with Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black, the colors in four-color process printing.

GROUP 4
(A) Wizard.
(B) Sandman.
(C) Medusa.
(D) Paste-Pot Pete.
Did you recognize the original roster of The Frightful Four? No? Congratulations; how did you like dating in high school and college?

GROUP 5
(A) Kurt.
(B) Eddie.
(C) Chris.
(D) Scott.
Cobain, Vedder, Cornell, and Weiland, all lead singers of bands who made it big during the Grunge boom in the early ‘90s.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Spockgirl said...

OK, so I did actually know the Group 3 colours, but how the heck would I have made that connection? And yes, I do actually know all the guys in Group 5, but I still think my guess was funnier.

7/24/2010 1:00 AM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

While I had no clue about the first 4 questions!!

I have no idea on how I missed question 5. I'm just so disappointed in myself :(

7/24/2010 1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home