12.28.2009

Phantasmic Links 12.28.09

This has been an exhausting weekend. Truth be told, the whole week, though short, was tiring, from shoveling snow to my awesome holiday party to spending time with family and friends! In some ways, I wish every week was like this, because it's worth it. In others, I don't mind the occasional quiet time to rest and focus on things like PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) A possible sociopath is brilliant in pointing out all the logic and plot flaws that made Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace such a terrible, terrible movie. Before I just thought the movie wasn't as good as the others, but this guy makes a great case, with some great comedic, occasionally disturbing, asides. I can't describe it, but I watched all 7 videos back to back. You not only walk away with a great understanding of what went wrong, but why, and you realize why a trilogy from the same man would differ so much from one he made when he was younger.
Hat Tip: Krispy(and Rey who also sent me direct links to the videos a few days later).

(2) ”Must be some kind of....Hot Tub...Time Machine” says Craig Robinson, guaranteeing that I'll want to see this flick. The red band trailer offers even more hilarious line delivery.
H.T.: B13.

(3) Five years ago, a computer rendered a new Christmas album. Technology, it seems, is not without a sense of harmony...

(4) A fugitive mocks authorities...from his FACEBOOK page. I wonder if he'll get one more status update when (if?) they catch him....

(5) Great Dane, that's a big dog! Of course, Guiness would seem to contradict the apparent photo manipulation.

(6) Here's another instant holiday classic: Marvel's Very M.O.D.O.K. Christmas.

(7) ”Alma” is the directorial debut of Pixar's Rodrigo Blaas, a beautifully animated tale of childhood curiosity and creepy toys.

(8) As was inevitable, John Daker takes on Super Freak.

(9) A bill would lower those annoyingly loud television commercials. I think the volume difference has gotten worse, because I only started noticing it in the last couple of years. I'm all for this.

(10) Can you infect everyone with a zombie plague before Christmas arrives? I love those heartwarming holiday games....


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home