11.25.2009

PBW: Mom's Crafty

My mom was a fairly good painter in her youth, although I think I was in my 20s before I found out some of the paintings hanging in our house were done by her. I guess I didn’t recognize the initials painted in the corners since they were done before she was married. But I have always known my mom was good at crafts, from sewing to crochet to making wreaths. One of her specialties is making angels out of styrofoam and fabric maché and painting them gold. She sells them at various craft fairs throughout the year, and this past weekend I got some shots of my folks along with her creations at one such event for a Photo Blog Wednesday pre-holiday special:






Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

I made a cat surprisingly like that blue one of your mom's and it's become a wannabe doorstop. The gold angel is particularly elegant, as is your mom

11/25/2009 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home