10.05.2009

Phantasmic Links 10.5.09

My weekend didn't start off very good. I was already in one of my “down” moods when I came home on Friday night, and as I entered the basement to throw my gym clothes in the washing machine, I was startled by a camel cricket, a big one. He jumped at me, I jumped back, and I'm not really sure what I hit. All I know is that there was this blinding sharp pain on the top right of my forehead. I was sure I'd cracked my skull open. No blood came away when I was brave enough to remove my hand, and I honestly couldn't tell if I'd hit my head on a wooden shelf or the metal edge of a door. The weekend could only get better.

And get better it did. Smallville turned out a great version of Metallo with Brian Austin Green sporting the Kryptonite heart and cyborg enhancements. The rain meanwhile held out long enough for a gig in Queens on Saturday, and after helping my dad with some landscaping at his lot on Sunday morning, I took my camera out to a Long Island fair where my mom had entered several crafts. I've got some great photos to share later in the week. But first, as always, I'll share PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) I reluctantly must admit that this trailer makes the A Nightmare on Elm Street remake look pretty cool. I still wish Hollywood would focus on coming out with new ideas, and leave things like this alone where the original star was so synonymous with the character.

(2) From nightmares we move to another dimension, and 6 important life lessons you can learn from The Twilight Zone.
Hat Tip: J-No.

(3) Behold, if you dare, the strangest clones in comics.

(3) Behold, if you dare, the strangest clones in comics.

(4) Check out the top ten crazy b@stards who actually changed the world(for the better).

(5) It's the cautionary tale of how one hamburger ruined one woman's life forever.

(6) 50 states, 50 Photographers.

(7) The Dionaea House is some creepy viral collection of e-mails and cell phone transcripts. It's not real. I don't think it's real....
H.T.: Krispy.

(8) Huje Tower is just another one of those tower-building games in which you assemble your structure from....bacteria?!

(9) Simple articles of clothing make for some disturbingly awesome masks

(10) I would pay good money to see a feature-length version of RESERVOIR TURTLES.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Fix that reservoir turtles link

10/05/2009 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home