7.20.2009

Phantasmic Links 7.20.09

Despite the fact that my old phone started working again, it was not to last. It went completely dead again. Then it worked for a few minutes but froze on one screen, and I couldn't turn it off without removing the battery. I managed a few more brief sessions, each time manually copying all my contact information to a text file on my computer. I could then input that at my leisure into the new phone, and now I have a double backup in case the new one ever fails, my computer and the memory card on the newer model phone. As for the old one, it seems fine now, but I wouldn't want to risk it in the event of an emergency. I guess it's now just a backup phone and memento of my first steps into a wireless world.

My mom made a remark the other night after we got the new phone that I always land on my feet, an odd remark to someone with my bad luck. I guess luck is a matter of perception, of choosing to look at the positive side of things when life throws us those unexpected curves. It's food for thought as we start another week, and as I gather the latest batch of PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Will this little girl make both Michael Winslow and Lasse Gjertsen obsolete?

(2) In Russia, statues are made of you!

(3) Instant color schemes! Just enter a word or phrase and let that site do the rest! Could be a great resource for designers...

(4) Blob of arctic goo--fiction, friend, or foe?

(5) In this photo set, elements of science fiction have invaded postcard scenes... Having a good time; wish they were here.

(6) We're so sure that we're the dominant species on this planet, and yet there are things animals are better at. Monkeys open bananas a lot better than we do. Seriously, like the kid in the video, I always went from the stem too.
Hat Tip: B13.

(7) Unlock the full potential of your Mac with Applescript. I've never really used it, and there are tons of possibilities I've likely missed...
H.T.: J-No.

(8) FOX to recast Futurama?? I hope that it's just a negotiating tactic as some people have speculated...

(9) Take control of a hero and save your city from meteors.

(10) Project Rant collects a variety of anonymous posts from around the internet that people have written, and recreates them as videos.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home